Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

evicting tenants from flat in val thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Ah well, of the bank(s) involved were Credit Agricole.............. . They closed an account of mine without telling me, but still allowed someone to pay in some cash to the account. No-one bothered to tell me about it, and it took me almost 6 weeks to sort out. No-one would admit responsibility for sending me the money. They wouldn't give it back to the person who paid it in,as it was my account and they wouldn't give it to me cos I didn't have an account any more.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Helen Beaumont, additionally, I've lost count of the number of times both in the UK and in France where two banks - one the alleged sender, one the would-be recipient - have sworn black and blue that neither has the money. Not guraranteed to make clients in large (or small) property transactions happy, but it still happened, with bankers drafts, with electronic transfers, you name it.

'course, in France, residential property transactions are often completed with suitcases full of readies, a lot of which pass 'sous table.' I was lucky when I carried out my own property transaction in France, in having a notary who wouldn't countenance that sort of thing: as solicitors, we'd have worried about our practising certificates if we'd had to go down that route! rolling eyes [/thread drift]
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowbrainer, more information needed on small plug!!!!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, my bank almost caused me to be homeless in the snow for Xmas, as they didn't forward the money to the notaire in time, and six months earlier, cost me 200 euros in notary fees when they decided to cancel our mortgage offer on the day they were supposed to pay the money out.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, has the money appeared?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
No, nothing as yet... apparently it is now due tomorrow.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stephen buck, I regularly receive bank transfers from French guests, they rarely take more than a couple of days to show up in my account.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
A result - I'm very pleased and relieved to report that 2 months' rent arrived in my account this morning. I'm told to expect the balance tomorrow.

Many thanks for all the advice and offers of help.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stephen buck, Congratulations. Not bad going straight after the New Year and Christmas break.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle wrote:

'course, in France, residential property transactions are often completed with suitcases full of readies, a lot of which pass 'sous table.'

Maybe at one time but that is more myth than reality. The Fisc know what properties are worth in a given area (local taxes are based on property values) and if one is sold under market value they can demand the tax based on what they estimate the market value of the property to be.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stephen buck, I wonder if this result would have happened without the "Snowheads Publicity" Twisted Evil

davidof, Same applies in Andorra, the authorities have one year in which to decide if the price paid was a realistic market value.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forget the rent and all this legal mumbo jumbo - did we get any further with regards to free drinks for snowHead 's?
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm very pleased this all seems to be working out and I hope snowHeads played a positive role in the process.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stephen buck, Great news, I shall venture up and have a pint with the guys there in the near future.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Well the rent thing may be resolved but now their websites is 'inactive' . just looked at http://www.thefrogandroastbeef.com/forum/ to see if there had been any updates posted and got http://suspended.easyinternetsolutions.co.uk/ instead! Shocked Methinks something's afoot Confused
ski holidays
Hmm... after yesterday's good news, today's scheduled payment has not arrived, so I'm beginning to wonder again if all's well...
snow report
Imagine my surprise
snow report
stephen buck, bit early to be in your account I would stay, leave it until the end of the days banking before getting to worried.
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, bank transfers happen on the overnight BACS run whic usually runs around midnight. Money *might* appear during the day if using a CHAPS payment or the equivalent which is an immediate payment, but it does cos t a fair bit more than the standard overnight transfer
snow conditions
You might want to think about increasing the rent, since they haven't signed a rental agreement. Perhaps negotiate a commission from the xtra bar takings that they are sure to get as a result of this thread. I'm certain that the EosB crew will pop in Smile
snow report
nbt, this is a foreign transaction i think though. Just going on my own experience with my French account.
snow conditions
kiwi1 wrote:
I have a real problem with the F&RB. They force lager down my throat, make me hurt from laughing and have created some form of addiction so now I feel I need to revisit the place in April.

Damn you frogs, damn you Mad Razz Razz

C'mon Kiwi the only thing they ever forced down your throat was coca cola. If they weren't paying your bills you'd be moaning as well.
latest report
Well, the balance is still not in the account, as promised by SkiGB in his earlier post. I thought it was too good to be true.

I notice that the Frog website is also still down.
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
Imagine my surprise

Again !
ski holidays
stephen buck, you now have every right to be concerned, you have given them leeway, and they have failed to deliver your cash.
ski holidays
stephen buck wrote:
I notice that the Frog website is also still down.

The Frog website could do with frog's legs, then.
snow report
David Goldsmith, I dont think stephen buck is finding this current situation funny !
snow report
I'd be kick-starting the legal procedings now methinks. It's a bit of a sign that you have given them time to pay the money over and it hasn't turned up. The website being down is also a sign that something is perhaps not right. Again, I hope it all works out. Not a nice situation to be in Sad
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hurtle wrote:
Helen Beaumont, additionally, I've lost count of the number of times both in the UK and in France where two banks - one the alleged sender, one the would-be recipient - have sworn black and blue that neither has the money. Not guraranteed to make clients in large (or small) property transactions happy, but it still happened, with bankers drafts, with electronic transfers, you name it.

'course, in France, residential property transactions are often completed with suitcases full of readies, a lot of which pass 'sous table.' I was lucky when I carried out my own property transaction in France, in having a notary who wouldn't countenance that sort of thing: as solicitors, we'd have worried about our practising certificates if we'd had to go down that route! rolling eyes [/thread drift]

As a solicitor I'd be moe worried about the jail term for money laundering rolling eyes Legislation compliance is bain of our lives now. Means we should no longer act for those kind nigerians who keep offering us masses of legal work in connection with the administration of estates wink

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Thu 10-01-08 11:20; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
MrDan, dan100, are you father and son Toofy Grin
ski holidays
boredsurfin, Laughing Laughing Nope. Just if I was in that situation it is what I would be doing because I could see the chances of me getting my money back slipping away quite quickly.
latest report
boredsurfin wrote:
MrDan, dan100, are you father and son Toofy Grin

Son 100 Toofy Grin But no unless Mr Dan is very rich or owns a ski chalet in which case yes and where's my child maintainence (I am 37) -that's alot of arrears Very Happy
snow report
dan100, Seeing as I am 29 then as your father I think I can safely say we can make a lot of money through this phenomenon in the world of science Laughing Alas, no empire, very little money and an apartment rather than a chalet...
latest report
Ditto no empire, 3 kids / money leeches looking for an inheritance from a long lost uncle Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:
stephen buck, you now have every right to be concerned, you have given them leeway, and they have failed to deliver your cash.

but, stephen buck wrote:
A result - I'm very pleased and relieved to report that 2 months' rent arrived in my account this morning. I'm told to expect the balance tomorrow.

Many thanks for all the advice and offers of help.
Stephen may be frustated at his expectations not being met but considering this payment, are they even in arrears at the moment?
Quote:
I'd be kick-starting the legal procedings now methinks. It's a bit of a sign that you have given them time to pay the money over and it hasn't turned up.
Really not much point if there's no paperwork and they've just paid up 2 months' rent.

So, let's just try to regain a bit of perspective shall we, before the snowLynch-mob gets back up on its horses.
AFAIU When Stephen brought this issue to the forum it was only 3 weeks old which, in terms of administrative delays and bank errors over the festive season, is not exactly forever. Stephen's patience seemed to have come to an end when they stopped responding to his emails over new year - so consider how many companies stop responding over Christmas and New Year? Further, these guys have just taken on a busy bar and it's probably their busiest week of the season. Going off the radar for the week may not be right but it is somewhat understandable.

I understand Stephen's frustration; I'm sure we've all been in a postition where we've been nervously awaiting some overdue payment. Stephen's going to be all the more twitchy because he has no paperwork and he's dealing with someone new and unknown to him but that insecurity can hardly be blamed on the other parties.

I'm not saying that Stephen is wrong to feel frustrated: some of his expectations have not been met, whether by fault of the F+RB or the banque, and communication seems to have been a bit patchy.
Nor am I even saying that he has no cause to feel nervous: dealing with people you don't know with no paperwork is not for the faint hearted (just ask anyone who has sent money to a stranger over the internet for a ski holiday Laughing ).

In my experience, people are generally pretty decent: over the course of organising the bashes, I have at times, been owed thousands by people - yet to date I have only come up short by 38€.

The F+RB appear to have expedited part of the payment to ease Stephen's Mortgage worries and have bothered to communicate here on the forum on the matter. Ignoring these facts and baying for legal action or offering to 'go round and sort them out' every time Stephen feels a twinge of insecurity is not particularly helpful to the situation IMHO.
latest report
Quote:
yet to date I have only come up short by 38€.
Oh name and shame, another public lynching Laughing
ski holidays
Thanks admin for some reasoned words (I didn't realise it was you when I responded as I don't auto login). Lets hope this is all resolved for the best and we can enjoy a pint of their finest home brew at the F&RB at the end of the season. I can appreciate Stephen has a mortgage to pay and cash flow for everyone is a problem at Christmas.

I don't think posting that "going around to sort things out" is a good idea even if part in jest. I remember a similar set of posts in the early 90s on a Usenet newsgroup that resulted in a restraining order on the posters. You wouldn't want to be banned from a resort would you?
latest report
I did say he had every right to be concerned, but not that he had any grounds for legal action. Perhaps this will be a warning to all of us who let out our properties that we should do so only if we have a written contract/agreement in place? For a season let in particular, it should stipulate what cash is due, and when. Perhaps Paul has only received the deposit, and the rent is still overdue. I think it is fairly common for the whole amount of the rent to be due in advance.
latest report
Helen Beaumont,The 'norm' to pay 'Seasonal' rent in advance in France and Suisse (for reasons expounded earlier in the thread). This current season, I also paid 50% as a 'security' deposit in advance as well ...
snow conditions
I did draw up an agreement for a season long let for my apartment, but I think the person concerned was looking for something cheap enough to leave empty during the week, and use only for long weekends.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy