Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Volkl Tiger Shark 10ft

Poster: A snowHead
Opinions please, weirdo gear freaks. Not particularly interested in forking out extra for the power switch gimmick.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My wife has got a pair of 12ft, without the gizmo (300€ for a switch she'd never use seemed too much). She's totally happy with them. Uses for about 80% off piste. Recommended Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Even with the gimmick, 10ft is way too long. I reckon you should stick to < 2m. Little Angel
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tried some at the PSB was very impressed with them not sure how much differance the switch made but they were very good skis snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I now own a pair of Tigersgark 10FT (without the power-switch). They are absolutely awesome!!! snowHead Despite the fact that the media etc seem to have focused on the 12FT, I have to say that the 10FT is better on-piste, and doesn't lose much at all off-piste (and neither are really off-piste orientated anyway).

My review.

They are the grippiest skis I have ever tried (never, admittidly tried a pair of race skis), hugely powerful and quite stiff (not really the best ski unless you're an aggressive skier), quick from edge to edge and super stable.

I don't know why anyone would want the power-switch, these skis are almost perfect anyway!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Lizzard, Skis ???? Given up the Board ? Confused
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agenterre wrote:
Lizzard, Skis ???? Given up the Board ? Confused

Let's hear it for the prodigal sister. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For God's sake, you lot, stop trying to stuff me into your silly little pigeonholes. I can do BOTH, remember? rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, Come on in from the dark, you know deep down you want to be liked Laughing
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Came I hear you say Ammmmmmmmmen? Da girl 'as seen the light and is back from da dark (side), God have mercy on ya sister.

Seriously Boarding may look cool but I guess a women can only put up with having piles and looking like a bloke for so long Wink

(opinion subject to change if I ever try and become gud at snowboarding dudes Wink )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Lizzard, Hmmm, Soph took a pair out for a couple of days while one of her edges was being mailed back in... Crying or Very sad

Anyway, she had 163cms, reasonable condition for hire skis. Compared to her Volkl P60 Slalom (150cms) whe thought they were a bit lifeless. Good grip but then her Volkls have done c. 150 ski days and hadn't been sharpened in quite a while...

She wasn't amazingly impressed but they seemed quite competent. I thought they were a bit lightweight myself...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch, well thank you for that randomly constructive comment. I was looking forward to trying the things out on Monday, but it now seems that it is going to dump with snow all week and I will find not a single patch of hardpack on the whole mountain on which to test them properly. Laughing

I may play with the board and the Legends for a bit, and postpone the test to a time when people have polished all the fluffy snow off.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lizzard, sorry it was so random but gratified it was vaguely constructive. Or even constructively vague. I can give you a whole list of other skis that haven't particularly impressed, sadly a shorter list that have. Give them a go. Her ladyship and I have really quite particular taste in skis and boots so our opinion shouldn't carry much weight, I'm afraid.

You like them? Buy them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lizzard, I can only reinforce what my wife's experience has been. The skis are great. The fact that they are not race slalom skis only makes them greater! And for those who think these skis are not made for powder skiing... Here's Ingrid in the ( very heavy ) powder on her Tigersharks Cool
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Murdoch, I meant 'random' as in it stuck out as useful in amongst a load of silly nonsense about looking cool and 'going back' to skiing etc etc. rolling eyes

I shall have a crisis if I like them, as they are 650€ and I'm supposed to be on a savings campaign.
snow report
Lizzard, you can get a good LCD TV for that money. wink
snow report
Lizzard, I'm glad that mine was considered useful/random... Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, sorry, yours was useful as well.

chris, there is nothing 'good' about a TV which costs in excess of £400. You have been suckered.
latest report
That's okay, I'm just a very needy person Laughing
snow report
Liking them a lot.

Dammit. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
Is there any significance that these are sized in feet rather than cm as most of the other skis seem to be, or is it a marketing gimmik to fit with their name?
ski holidays
Megamum, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The ones I just tried were 168cm. Not 10 ft long.
latest report
Oh, I see........ Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
I've just been reading through my backlog of DMSS mags, and decided to look at their review of the Tigersharks. Now, admittidly they looked at the 12FT (for some reason) and marked it down for edge grip! Shocked Now, I haven't skied the 12FTs, but, I can't imagine a slightly wider base can have that much of an effect... the 10FTs grip on as if their whole existence and life depended upon them keeping edge hold.

EDIT: Edited twice because I messed up the first edit...

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 9-01-08 0:37; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
Well I took them down a run which had been thoroughly rained on and then pisted flat before freezing solid. Nothing wrong with their edge hold that I noticed.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy