Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cervinia (Breuil) - January 20th

Poster: A snowHead
Spending a cheap week out there, never been before. There seems to be plenty of snow, plus its snowing now (ish). Anyone have any opinions? Staying at the Hotel Astoria, its supposed to be the closest hotel to the main lift.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
yr99jparkin, The Astoria is right next door to the gondola up to Plan Maison, so yes, good location. I've been the Cervinia 3 times - loved it, but that was a long time ago now.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would you recommend the skiing around Valtournenche?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
yr99jparkin, to chip in my two-pennerth, yes I'd thouroughly recommned the sking above Valtournenche - from Cime Biancha down to the top of the Val-T gondola and right down to the village if conditions allow. Lovely sunny skiing (ideal in Jan at 2500m!) and almost deserted slopes.

Cervinia is such a cracking resort - my favourite in some ways... I'm there 16th-20th and expecting optimal conditions as there's a good snowfall expected this w/end.

Haven't stayed at the Astoria but I think it's meant to be nice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
yr99jparkin, the run to the village has never been open when I've been (March) so if it's open I would say take the opportunity.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Good snowfall eh! Like the sound of that Red27. Where is this info from? Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
"Cheap Week"? Was this via a tour operator or are you going DIY? The reason I ask is that I've always fancied Cervinia but never seen a good deal.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheap week being "not overly expensive week". We got a really good deal with first choice which worked out at roughly £230pp, Half Board. But then theres the lift pass, which i hear is dear in Cervinia.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
yr99jparkin, www.snow-forecast.com Very Happy

Clive - my trip is DIY - uber-cheap flight to Turin with the hated Ryanair, cheapish car hire from there with Hurtz wink then I'm in the lovely Hotel Sertorelli which I can thouroughly recommend, including their marvellous hot buffet breakfast Shocked
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yr99jparkin, Will be there the same time....Might see you around! Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cervinia, is in a beautiful location - was there a year ago!
lovely wee town!

Yeh the hotel Astoria right beside the main cable car which take you up to the main lodge,base area -if i remember correctly.
The piste is very,very easy and even for me being an intermediate was getting rather bored of the slopes after a few days!
However, if your a better skier definetly recommend skiing over to Zermatt for the day, its great, slopes much more challenging!
I stayed in the Hotel Dragon --- nice, and pretty much ski to door, in afternoon.

holidayloverxx, the run to the piste is excellent when i was there always quite quiet and cruisy, great after long days skiing!

hope this helps...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
One can keep the ski pass cost down by purchasing Cervinia-side only and pay the full whack when the weather is good and the link to Zermatt is open.

Was there in March this year but the piste link to Valtournenche was closed.

If Zermatt is open and there is snow in Valtournenche then one must go to the highest point 3899m to ski all the way to the Valtournenche at 1524m. The 3899m is the highest in the Alps and 3899-1524 = 2375m vertical drop must one of the biggest in the Alps too. It is only a red run.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
You should have a great time. The red Ventina (No 7) is a classic run that you will want to do again and again. The Valtournanche area is very beautiful and has some lovely reds and blues. The Chalet Etiole is the best mountain restaurant and worth a splurge, it is not cheap but good value for the quality. It lies between two pistes above Plan Maison and is easy to ski to and from. The Salon de The in the town is not to be missed and does a hot chocolate I regularly daydream about.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hullite speaks well. That No 7 run is my favourite run anywhere. Just a pity that the 3 lifts back out to Zermatt are poo.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I concur with all of the above!! All runs including Valtournenche look like being open w/c 20th as there's just loads of snow with more due over the next week. I'm there from Sunday 13th. Astoria is good but food can get a bit 'samey'. I'd recommend the lovely steaks, burgers and grills cooked in the old fashioned pizza oven at 'Jour et Nuit' restaurant on the Main Street, Deffo worth it for a treat! Gaff run by ski instructor Luca. Live apres ski bands quite often at the Dragon (bottom of Cretaz). Run 5 into the village is a fabulous blue motorway - just great. Can't wait!! let it snow.
ski holidays
the run to valtourneche is class - a nice long motorway run, with a tighter section at the bottom. seemed to take them ages to reopen it after the dump we had when i was there (12 or so years ago)
ski holidays
yr99jparkin, www.cervinia.it reports a whopping 60cm of new snow today snowHead
snow report
Nice, just what i like to hear. 1m snow base at the bottom now, lovely.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy