Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

"Jumping Jack Flash is a GAS, GAS, GAS."

Poster: A snowHead
New Free Rando range from Garmont. Should set this sector alight.

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
very nice
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lovely
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Please tell more if you can!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
any news on Black Diamond's new offerings?
not that I actually need to get any of this stuff for at least 5 years Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Arno, BD have come up with some really special stuff, i can say more after ISPO.

plectrum, What do you want to know?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Arno,

Test centre at Robin's...????? wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
can i have the orange ones please?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, found a link to the brochure for the new kit. looks like some really innovative kit. shame i DEFINITELY DON'T NEED ANY OF IT Madeye-Smiley
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER,

What they are called?
What ther are for?
What they weigh?
How stiff they are?
What the expected RRP will be?
When they will be out?
What improvements do these have on older Garmont models?
How do these relate to current Garmont boots in style and use?
What brand new innovations do these offer?

And loads more stuff !!! Come on SZK reprezent Snowheads with the details
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
plectrum, the BD ones have come up with a way of having swappable DIN and dynafit compatible soles

Twisted Evil
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arno, Do I get a discount from Garmont if I send them my Endorphin & Naxo's in brown cardboard box?

Smile
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Names, Radium, Argon, Helium.
Uses, Free Rando.
Weight, Don't have details. Designs unfinished at the moment.
Stiffness, 110 shore.
RRP, 469€-389€
Available, end of 2008.
What improvements, Better flex, skiability.
The Range will sit between Endorphine and Megaride.
New innovations, walkmode offers optimum stride length, regular ski boot performance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Although sittign between Endo-Mega with a 110 stiffness is this not the same as Endo. So infact if it is as stiff but lighter would this not be a serious improvement.

In terms of the current new addition to Garmont family Axon will this still sit as their elite boot for super sturdy Dynafit compatible and the Shamen as extreme sturdy general AT boot?

By the way can you explain more about what this anatomical overlap design actually is.

This link was okay but to PR and not enough Tech explanation
http://www.firsttracksonline.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3590
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
SMALLZOOKEEPER, do they do a 150 stiffness version? I have decided I still really like stiff boots when going downhill.
ski holidays
BUMP!

SZK, (or anyone in the know) has anything else emerged about these boots - specifically the Argon's?

Release date?
Update on price?
Are they definitely going to be compatible with standard step in DIN Bindings?
Any last min design changes?

I’ve scoured the net and haven’t been able to glean a great deal apart from what’s on one or two sites from early in the year. Interestingly Garmont rate the flex at 120 - is this a good guide or the manufacturers off in their own world (doesn’t each manufacturers rating differ?)

Any comparisons, thoughts or comments against the Adrenaline/Endorphin?

And as above whats the deal with the anatomical overlap?

Cheers
ski holidays
All we be revealed in due course at a more appropriate moment. Little Angel

ie, when we're back into Snow mode.
snow conditions
Ohhh But Plleeeeaaasssee - with cherries ice cream and all sorts..

I am shortly off to somewhere really hot, dusty and generally not very nice Crying or Very sad - so go on give a guy a break - by the time i get back all will have been revealed anyway, this way i figure i can at least get a pre order in somewhere....

pretty please Little Angel
ski holidays
matricks, Ok, but one question at a time and quick answers.
ski holidays
Ok, Razz

Are they stiffer than the Scarpa Tornado Pro (My current boot) (its a bit too flexible)
ski holidays
I can jump in there. Assuming Garmont haven't completely re-jigged their flex ratings, it will be considerably stiffer. I have Garmont Shamans which are rated at 120, and they are a pretty (but not ridiculously) stiff boot.

I expect they Garmonts be quite a different shape from your Scarpas though (ie narrower)
ski holidays
matricks, Yes they are stiffer and more progressive in flex than T-Pro.
latest report
Sorted,

Thats me pretty much near as damn it sold then.

Next Q. Any ideas of an update on the price?

Is the Garmont last/fit generally narrower than Scarpa then? I dont have particularly wide feet but the scarpas did give me a bit of grief - albeit briefly along the outside of by feet but all is well now - once i had binned the useless insoles i brought....

SZK - you are a gent,

Arno, much appreciated. How have you found the Shamans?
snow report
Where does the Endo sit with the Shamans and Argons?
latest report
matricks, i like the shamans but they aren't a touring boot - they're a top end freeride boot with an interchangable sole. i have the vibram sole on all the time and they are very good for lift served skiing with the odd 20-30 minute hike thrown in. i have proper touring boots for days when i am likely to be walking or skinning for a long period of time
snow conditions
Arno

Rgr that, sounds like i am pretty similar to you in that respect. I went with the Tornado's for that reason amongst others, - a big clinch was that when we take our little girl with us (who is getting better all the time - yay Little Angel ) I always spend a fair proportion of the day yomping around the nursery slopes and kids areas, The Tornado's were ace for this let me stomp around and ski quick runs in between the Hand Over Take Over with the wife who goes to ski school then jump on a lift and hit the slopes. When i go away on my own or the need to hike for a while to reach the fresh stuff comes around they have been great and i can report no sore feet, heels shins or the like. The only sad thing is that when i am really going for it they just flex that little bit too much Sad

So i am after another freeride boot that will do the same as the Tornado Pro in that i can yomp, hike and ski where and when i want too - but is stiffer than the Tornado's So far i am looking at the Garmont Endorphin, Scarpa Hurricane, the new Typhoon and the Garmont Argons. But before i commit to another purchase i just want to get the gen on the boots i am looking at. I have been reading reviews like mad before i depart this weekend so i can get a good idea of exactly what i want and will be ordering asap.
latest report
I don't know how stiff the Endo is...but you can rack it up quite a degree. I think it is light enough to do a few bits and bobs but not all day, for a week if weight is at a premium.

Atm, I have the ISO sole on and that helps with weight and with a g-fit makes it a good versatile freeride boot

If you are anywhere near Chamonix, the zooman will sort you out, I'd PM him first if you are planning to go that way tho'
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy