Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have a happy new year my fellow Boardheads !!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
DebbiDoesSnow, especially with us lot out there already.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swirly, You know it !! The cool ratio is suffering already wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Too right. I'm a fully paid up, card-carrying geek, but thankfully I know that, slowly but surely, snowboarding makes you cool Cool

I think it must be the coolness seeping through the boots in some kind of gradual osmosis. Shame they can't invent a ski boot that'll let it through.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The fact that we post on here probably confirms that we are all geeks Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snojito: Aww, I love mangled Franglais! Please leave it next time!

If the weather is good enough and our transfer from Geneva isn't delayed, we're hoping to get an hour or two on the snow on the Saturday as we arrive. We'll just buy a local half-day pass when we get there if this is practical. We'll be staying at the Cheval Blanc apartments, which according to the maps I've seen is near the base station of the Funitel Peclet. Meeting up for prending un verre or two avec vous sounds like un bon idee, bien sur.

---

As for work, there's a couple of skiers on my team, and a few boarders scattered throughout the building, but I am the local boarding nut, certainly in this section of the company NehNeh
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
DebbiDoesSnow, only 9 sleeps left, is it still to early to pack?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, Never Laughing
Our board bags are out, the clothes have been checked , mentally prepared my Apres wardrobe and the board is set up in the car ready for tonights session at MK Razz

Putting the bindings on last night I was standing in them with my slippers on Shocked checking they were ok, did a little rocking back & forth and almost stacked it backwards into the coffee table !!! That could of been sooo embarrasing explaining those injuries Embarassed
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
DebbiDoesSnow, ha. When I swapped my bindings onto the Empire I stood in them barefoot, just to get a feel of the flex in the board and to check it was slightly softer than the duck*. Then my foot came out and there was a very loud bang when the board hit the floor Embarassed so I stopped.

* It felt softer when I demoed it although still fairly stiff It should be slightly easier to ollie and prat around on. Most of my riding involves pratting around on and off the piste.

Dammit I want to go now.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, standing on the board last night I had a 'what if I have forgotten how to turn" moment !!
So glad I'm going for a little tester tonight to whet the whistle.

Bit dubious about the 'off piste' now after yesterdays sad event.

Still as I havent been there before there is MILES of pisteage to explore Razz
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Bit dubious about the 'off piste' now after yesterdays sad event.

Yes awful news, however, I feel confident in my ability to make a call on conditions and being particullary afraid of being caught in a slide I wouldn't have been off piste in those conditions. I'm aware that they were experienced and properly equipped, however, I have the added advantage of being a chicken!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy