Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Group of 11 - how late can I leave it before booking somewhere?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've got a big group of 11, all booked off work for w/c 15 March.

We want to try and get a bargain - what are the odds of a chalet having 11 spaces if we leave finding one until a couple of weeks before?

Or would you advise biting the money bullet and booking somewhere full whack in the next few weeks?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tommy10pages, never booked late for a big group but I've always been lead to believe that much beyond 2-4 people it's a book as soon as possible issue to get the spaces and the flights.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stevew, cheers, that's what I feared.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
tommy10pages, no absolute answer to this; you could strike lucky, but unless peeps are focussed on saving money above all else, you could find yourself with some unhappy customers. You should be able to negotiate a good group discount at this stage, whilst still going where you want. The fact that you are coming back Easter weekend might make it slightly more difficult. The places that still have loads of space left in mid March are probably empty for a reason! Flights could be the bottleneck - maybe you could book flights now, then look for accommodation? I've done some great last minute booking for 2 people, but I think if I were organising a group that size I'd be getting jumpy by now! Are they all experienced and tolerant, ready to cope with whatever resort/accommodation had room at the last minute? Or will they all be moaning about it being too easy, too challenging, too far from the slopes, too far from the nightlife, lacking nightlife, etc?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tommy10pages, Not much chance of getting a late deal for this size of group unless they dont mind being in different places and all over the resort! When we book for a group of this size through a TO you would have to book it by September to guarentee the rooms. TO's do not have all the rooms allocated to themselves, they might only have 5 or 6 rooms in total for hotel.

You could try www.chaletsdirect.com and you could be lucky but you can forget a late minute bargain, especially at that time of year. Sorry.

Find a place you want to stay and book now, forget about the price issue as you are too late now.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
your alternative is to book you flghts and hire a self catering chalet. Transfers via minibus. Alternatively contact some hotels direct if you want catered. booking a chalet may be pushing your luck if you leave it much later
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
tommy10pages, about zero. You might get in the same resort. Keep an eye on http://www.skiworld.ltd.uk/ they're probably you're best bet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tommy10pages, Where do you want to go ... as if it is Bulgaria you should be fine (BTW that was my 2007 joke of the year)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tommy10pages, try http://www.chn1.co.uk I think you will eventually find some place. The best advice is to contact as many tourist offices by email as soon as possible
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Oh and try Gite Vagabond in Chamonix too! not a chalet but all under one roof
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think it might depend on what you consider a 'bargain'... in March we rely on filling the place slowly with BnB bookings so just 1 room sold may scupper your attempts to get everyone in one place. I think this is quite common for many chalet owners - pricing per head during the quieter times to get bums in beds - this will definitely affect your chances!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
tommy10pages, I think this site (www.alpineanswers.co.uk) is very user friendly. When you click on a chalet you can see exactly how many beds they have left for the dates you're looking for and you can easily search out bargins - when they're available. I've had a quick look and can't see any deals this early for your dates, but all the same click on late deals (on the right of the page) and you can look at the dates you want very easily and stipulate resort and how close to the piste or centre you want to be.
Good luck snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tommy10pages, as flangesax says your problem will be finding an entire chalet for your group. We have availability for your group for that week and even at this stage we offer a discount to fill the chalet. You can get full details on at www.trcaksvacations.com or email us on info@tracksvacations.com for more information. you've also got to work out when you'll get the best prices for flights leave it too close to departure and you could find that increased flight costs could wipe out any savings you may have made on a chalet.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks all for the help, I'm emailing my group now to get ourselves in gear sharpish. I'm off to LDA on Saturday with two mates for my first week Very Happy so we might enquire while we're there, but will definitely have something booked in the next fortnight.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy