Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What is the craziest things you've seen people dressed as on the slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
This year on christmas day i saw a young group with 1 bloke wearing a dalek suit and 1 bloke dressed up in a gorrila suit.

I thought it was quite amusing watching them ski and board.

Anyone else seen anyother crazily dressed skiers and boarders?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Saw someone wearing a sumo wrestler suite that filled with air as he skied, making him look like a...well, a fat, jock strapped, sumo wrestler.

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/sumo-suit/index.html
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I saw in the Les Gets bowl last March a Scooby Doo followed by a Fred Flintstone and a medieval knight in armour. My guess was 'stag do'...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just before Christmas this year in Tignes, we saw one bloke in a rather skimpy pair of lycra tights, a black bra, a black curly perm wig and a purple negligee - a bit like a 1980's aerobics instructor. How he kept warm I've no idea - I had four jumpers on and was still cold! There was a fair amount of flesh on show.

There were also three or four completely naked blokes at the top of the Mont Blanc chairlift above La Daille. Rather off-putting when you're trying to concentrate on technique....
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
docsquid, which technique would that be wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
A group on Xmas Day dressed as shepherds and the three wise men. One of the shepherds was Bo=peep.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Well we do fancy dress each year. We've done : chicken suit, shark, hot dog, batman and robin, gorilla to name just a few.

Below is me dressed as a hotdog while wakeboarding on boxing day this year :

http://a720.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/91/l_286db3718eac33f8dcd4b3c95844d127.jpg
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I guess these are the people that you can remember what they have been wearing an hour after bumping into them in a lift queue - must make the folks who spend £400+ on a skiing outfit a bit sick Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
errrr.............. nothing Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
docsquid, Not even ski boots? Shocked
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
*Censored - Charlatanefc was finding it disturbing* Laughing

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Wed 2-01-08 0:54; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I saw a skiing can of SPAM today Wink

The most rediculous thing in resort: Lady with 10 kilos of make-up in a rubber jacket with dozens of huge rubber 'spikes'.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Once skiied down in Niederau, playing a 5 string Banjo.

Have seen skeletons, artists, monks with bad habits, Mickie and Minnie Mouse. Best I ever saw was Jake the Pag. Three trouser legs, three boots, three skis. Couldn't figure out the inactive ski
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The best ones I've seen was two years ago in St Anton, there was about 15 in a gay themed fancy dress. The gimp was fantastic!

http://ian-kirwin.fotopic.net/p27416678.html
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There are always plenty of losers on the slopes in fancydress. Or uni sweaters with their names on the back and the collars turned up. Particularly around Crimby time. It is tragic.

The only ones worth remembering are the peachy sheilas who sunbathe in bikinis at top stations in the Spring. Seems fairly popular in some French and Swiss resorts.
snow conditions
Quote:

There are always plenty of losers on the slopes in fancydress. Or uni sweaters with their names on the back and the collars turned up. Particularly around Crimby time. It is tragic.

Whitegold, Why on earth would another person's attire possibly bother you?!!
snow conditions
Christopher wrote:
What is the craziest things you've seen people dressed as on the slopes?

Man on Gloucester plastic slope dressed in Napoleonic monkey suit, wearing boxing gloves, bicorne hat and anti-frog goggles.
snow report
Once saw the Milka Cow careering down a black run! I wouldn't have been entirely happy being the guy at the back end of the panto-like get up Shocked
snow report
I saw an entire wedding party at La Plagne 2 years ago. All of the men were in morning suits and the women in gowns.
snow conditions
We saw a Scot in full national dress a few years ago on new years day. Dont know if he was wearing anything under the kilt and would'nt want to see him falling over either.
ski holidays
Seen a group in fancy dress in Austria last year superheros
Superman
batman
Robin
Catwoman
the incredibles and
the flash
Best bit was Catwoman got a turn wrong and fell off the side of the slope Being the friendly chaps we where we shouted at batman to let him know and as he went to the rescue all 5 of us provided his theme music! We had an entire ski class laughing at him or us not sure! Puzzled
snow conditions
I've skied in my kilt before. Far more comfortable in spring time.
snow conditions
The_Hirsty, positive reaction? I thought about it but seemed like a bit of a cliché
ski holidays
Megamum, Yes, they had ski boots, but not a lot else as far as I can remember...
snow report
The Milka Cow has her own piste in La Plange and is often seen giving out chocs to kids.
Yesterday we saw 2 skiing Santa's, don't know if they were early for this year or late for last year Toofy Grin
snow report
I've seen the Pink Panther, and also a stag do of approx 6 blokes all in giant sumo suits with the groom also in a pink tutu.
ski holidays
I have to say I find it sufficiently difficult to ski anyway, without having the encumbrance of fancy dress!

Mr DS would like me to ski in a bikini but in minus 24 windchill I think this would be a little bit uncomfortable...
latest report
Lepricahans on St Paddy's Day in Zell am See.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snow report
The_Hirsty, hmm, my husband frequently skis in his kilt. Are you him, and you just haven't told me? I know you only wear a kilt cos the French girls love you in it. Laughing
latest report
Christopher, usual crew of superheroes, bottles of Newcy Broon & sumo wrestlers yesterday in Verbier... tragic.... "look at us, aren't we funny and crazy?" er.... no, now get out of my sight

As a side question has anyone ever seen a non-brit in fancy dress?
snow report
Few years ago just before Christmas I saw a chap skiing totally naked except for a loo-roll holder taped around his middle covering what was obviously a very small w***y in that temperature, and a cornflake box on his head with holes cut out for the eyes and mouth. He was the bravest of a not very dressed bunch of students. My friend had already skied past and by the time she'd frantically side-stepped up the piste to get a look, he had gone!

We've just been to a party dressed in Flamingo outfits and my husband wants to take them skiing. So, in a few weeks time, in Portes de Soliel, if you see a big fat pink flamingo skiing, say hello! wink
ski holidays
red 27, Aw! you're being a bit tough on them. It still makes me smile when I see a good one. My favourite wasn't in the least outrageous but looked fab - young bloke skiing down at Les Deux Alpes on New Years Day 2005 wearing immaculate tweed plus fours, waistcoat, shirt & tie, flat cap with a pipe between his teeth and a monocle. Smile
snow report
Saw two fantastic Elvis's in Tignes on New Years Day. Black wigs, white lycra suits and plenty of gold medallions. Nice to see the King is still alive and well
ski holidays
Hullite, I do confess to being a total bah-humbug killjoy when it comes to fancy-dress - on the slopes or anywhere else - so maybe I should just sit quietly in the corner and mutter into my beer...

I'd still like to know if it's peculiar to Brits (maybe I should say Brit-speakers...)

A popular costume in Verbier is the 'Russian Ski-Bunny'. For the full effect one musn't ski at all but simply wander around the village all day encased in Prada ski-furs from head to foot. Very popular outfit - saw 100's of them, some girls even barking orders at hotel staff in some ghastly guttural language for added realism
ski holidays
red 27, In general I would agree with you and rank fancy dress alongside "comedy" ties; "funny" car stickers and "let's break the ice" party games involving close physical contact with random strangers.

Something must happen to me at altitude to bring out my inner Tiny Tim. wink
ski holidays
When I took a school group to Pila a few years ago, I saw an inept Australian woman dressed as a ski instructor.

Hope this helps.

CD.
snow conditions
Rossfra8,
Quote:

The_Hirsty, positive reaction? I thought about it but seemed like a bit of a cliché

Deffers. I love wearing my kilt. Something about brings the good type of attention. Just don't tell my girlfriend.

sheepmadang,
Quote:

The_Hirsty, hmm, my husband frequently skis in his kilt. Are you him, and you just haven't told me? I know you only wear a kilt cos the French girls love you in it.

Its is not me honest. Unless, that really drunken evening in Vegas...
ski holidays
My sister in Belle Plagne last week......

latest report
Don't you just have to hope that there was a lot of padding in that outfit!!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy