Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canting question?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have boots, these were pro-fitted with a custom insole. The end product was centred gravity with good equal force and balance. Right at the end of the session the boot-fitter commented that I have a little bow-leggedness that was still not 100% fixed by the insole and so cuff alignment was necessary. This was done correctly i.e. to compliment.

Now through further web based research I see that there is further lengths one can go down to obtain 100% alignment through canting (i.e staps and shims etc).

How do I know whether it is worth pursuing this further rather than just getting on with skiing!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
plectrum, the only accurate way to check if your boot soles are flat is to use a pucka measuring jig as used by CEM/Andi McCann. This also has the benefit of being able to measure your best fore/aft angle etc.

You can also do the eyes closed one-legged drill on a gentle green run with no camber - the idea being that in your mind your trying to run flat & straight. If you turn it indicates that the ski is running on an edge meaning that you're boot sole isn't flat etc. Personal skiing/balance ability obviously affects the outcome of this test & while this test diagnosed a problem you still either need to measured properly to ascertain the amount of adjustment required or to have a supply of varying angled shims available to undertake a trial & error solution.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
spyderjon, To be honest I feel that I am gettign to extremes here! I read a review that it is possible to get a friend to stand 75 ft down hill and then I move down slope on one leg at a time and they give give an idea if i am moving flat or turning in or out and if I am turning then what part of my body is trying to make the correction i.e. ankle - hip with hip being the most dramatic correction.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also feel that the solution I have now is much better than what i have been used to. This being that i have been sking for the last 3 years in Saloman boots that were probably a size too big and with a custom insole that although adequate certainly isn't up to the CEM SZK standards of professionalism. I am sure with my new set up I will fidn much improvement but i guess part of my personality is to try and fiddle until everything is perfect. Unfortunately this generaly involves getting out of my depth and fiddling until I have a detrimental effect!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
plectrum wrote:
.....but i guess part of my personality is to try and fiddle until everything is perfect.....

Me too rolling eyes. At least it gives me something to do between trips wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
spyderjon, After reading your site .... i want a tuning table! My fiancee says our flat is not big enough and to get one would mean death for one of us .... and i don't think she meant her!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy