Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Parking Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi. Driving Calais - Les Arcs, out on BHM 24th March 0400 hrs from Dover, hope to be against the traffic flow and intending to do one hop from Calais, arriving early / late evening. Have a rented appartment in 1800 but no dedicated parking. Have just read on another board somewhere that parking in Les Arcs can be a problem and suggested pre-booking. Any comments or suggestions?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Doctorron, welcome to snowHeads. I don;t know the answer - off to Les Arcs for the first time next weekend. I'm sure someone who knows will be along soon.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Doctorron, Welcome to snowHead

I cant help you either - we go to Plan Peisey & have an underground garage there, so parking has never been a problem. rob@rar is probably your best bet - he has an apartment in 1800, & is there at the moment, so probably out skiing. I guess he'll be along later. We usually do the hop from Calais in one day - bit of a pain, but worth it snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Doctorron, is that the Easter holiday? At peak periods (New Year, half term and possibly Easter) there is a lot of pressure on parking. For example, the main free carpark and at least one of the (paid for) multi-storey car parks seem to be completely full at the moment with cars being turned away. There are cars which are parked some distance down the main road into the resort - I guess they would have unloaded their stuff then driven down the hill a little to find somewhere to park. I can't remember what it's like at Easter (mainly because I don't pay much attention to public parking as I have a space of my own), so maybe email the Tourist Office and see what they say.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Doctorron, by the way, Welcome to snowHeads!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi.Thanks guys will take your advice rob@rar.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Doctorron, I've been to Les Arcs 1800 at Easter two consecutive years relatively recently. Both times the most convenient parking was on the main road in or up towards the centre. The first time someone left from a space right outside the apartment as I arrived and the second, I had to unload then found a spot about 200m away from the apartment. However both times I was arriving about 1130am or so. I suspect things would've been very different arriving in the pm and I'd look at ways of booking a space somewhere.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy