Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyJet - no more Zurich flights - anyone know why?

Poster: A snowHead
I guess it's airport charges, but I've seen nothing about this in the press - anyone know the story?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure why they dropped Zurich, but Basle came in as a new one at the same time that Zurich was dropped.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Zurich was their most expensive airport Crying or Very sad
http://www.easyjet.com/EN/News/20040818_01.html

- Neil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Easyjet don't mince words, they quote "a ludicrous 132 % increase in passenger fees" in their Press Release here http://www.easyjet.com/EN/news/20040818_01.html
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ah well. I've booked 4 flights to Basel from Liverpool for this winter - hope it works out ok. Don't really like the idea of having to get a bus from the airport to the railway station.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
And it's a 25 minute journey from the airport to the station as well Sad Still Basle station is being thoroughly modernised and it has got excellent conections it has almost as many platforms as Clapham Junction Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And Basle is a very long way from St Anton.
I found a not too expensive flight to Zurich (with a 3/4 hour stop-over at Dusseldorf) with Lufthansa. But of course the Easijet was much cheaper and more convenient.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
telford_mike wrote:
Ah well. I've booked 4 flights to Basel from Liverpool for this winter - hope it works out ok. Don't really like the idea of having to get a bus from the airport to the railway station.

It's worth looking at this site and entering Basel airport as your departure point. One destination I looked at was only half an hour further away (by bus all the way) than the equivalent rail journey from Zurich. Swiss busses are very comfortable. For those travelling from north of London, Luton for the eayjet flight, is far better than Heathrow - and easyjet can still make sense.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nick Zotov, Half an hour extra to where? Surely people go to other places from Zurich as well as St Anton.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Shame no airline uses Bern in Switzerland
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowball, Realp.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Brookes, Yes well Dan Air used to fly into there but they had a few problems, like cabin doors coming open during the flight, and a subsidiary of Swiss Air used to fly London City to Bern but that stopped when Swiss Air became a financial nightmare that was reborn as Swiss.

It's funny really I get the distinct impression that someone is making it harder to get to Central Switzerland, Trains no longer running, planes no longer flying, is there a conspiracy out there of some description ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Surely people go to other places from Zurich as well as St Anton.
Engelberg, Andermatt, Davos, Klosters, Wengen, Flims, Meringen; though I've only done the first 5 of this list, the first 4 for weekends.
Yes a pity that easyjet stopped it's Zurich service. However, Swiss aren't too bad for price if you book in advance. I booked last week for a long weekend in December and it was a shade over £100.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

is there a conspiracy out there of some description ?

Must be because its becoming a joke
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Chris Brookes, I blame the French Mad , it can't be the Germans because they still have trains right through to Interlaken Shocked
snow conditions
We regularly flew easyjet from Birmingham to Zurich, then suddenly no more easyjet to Zurich. Bummer. This christmas have booked via Swiss air (or its latest incarnation.) But it is alot more expensive with aparty of seven!
ski holidays
The transfer to the station at Basel isn't too bad. There is a bus every 10 mins that goes door to door, and it takes about 20 mins. For Interlaken, it is slightly quicker than the journey from Zurich, even taking into account the bus journey.
ski holidays
Im glad. Hopefully it will deter alot of the English Rif-raf that has been turning up in the Alberg over the last few years Smile
Hope RyanAir close down Friedrichshafen if they havent allready !
snow report
Elizabeth B, i have never used Basel to get to Murren. Is it worth considering then in the future ?
snow conditions
Chris , I think so. If you have time, go via Lucern and spend an hour or two there, before getting the train over the Bruinig Pass. Beautiful snowHead
latest report
Elizabeth, food for thought ! thanks
snow conditions
Chris Brookes,check out http://www.rail.ch for the online timetable (including busses)
ski holidays
Although EasyJet can be considerably cheaper than Swiss at times, when I regularly flying London<->Zurich, Crossair/Swiss were often cheaper (one example was I travelled at the same time as a colleague who lived near Luton and paid £100 less than him and I got to fly from London City). I all depends on when you fly and when you book, but it's always checking all the airlines.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy