Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots - waterproof seal broken after stretching?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I bought myself some ski boots (my first ever pair - yey) a few weeks back, from Ellis Brigham in Milton Keynes.

I tried them once in Xscape for a couple of hours, and realised that one needed stretching, to widen the part around the side of my little toe. EB did that for me and I picked them up again just before Christmas.

I was reading something on here, and looking at the boots, and have noticed that on the one that was stretched the "seal" underneath the flap over the top of the foot doesn't touch anymore. There's a fairly substantial gap (around 5mm at its widest, and around 4cm long) underneath that flap, to the top of the sealing edge. [Sorry, I really don't know the technical terms to describe the parts of the boot, hopefully you know what i'm referring to]

Question is, is the gap going to cause me problems? Will much snow get in there? Is it worth taking it back to EB and getting them to do something about it? Obviously with a new pair of boots I don't want to be left with cold wet feet after a couple of hours skiing - won't be fun, and not what I paid for! But on the other hand I don't want to drag myself over to Milton Keynes and fight the million other people who will probably be shopping there just for them to say "no its fine", or "we can't do anything about it", or to find that in fact it wouldn't have made the slightest difference anyway.

Any advice from those a bit more experienced than me would be very much appreciated! Very Happy

David

Edit: PS - they're Nordica Speedmachine 8 boots, if that makes a difference

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 29-12-07 23:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scuby, take them back and complain, ellis brigham even say "if your not happy after less than 2 weeks skiing we will refund 75% of the price paid for the boots" (remember and take your custom insoles out if you do this! So, if they can't rectify this then ask for some money back.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads aswell Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for that!

Have to say though if the lack of sealing is a significant problem then nothing other than a full repair or 100% refund will do - not prepared to lose 25% on them when i've only used them for 2 hours max!

But will drop in tomorrow and see what they can do / offer. Just annoying more than anything else, since MK is a 150mile round trip for me! Sad

David
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scuby, if you're happy with the fit (which is everything) then stick some duct tape over the hole.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hurray, all sorted.

Well, they looked and said "yeah, that shouldn't be like that" and thought that something must have been done up tight or pressing on it or something when it was cooling down after they first stretched them.

Should just be a simple "heat it up and get it back in the right shape" jobbie, without affecting the fit... which is nice Smile

Thanks for the advice, was worth the detour to get them done properly I think.

David
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scuby, glad it worked out for you despite the long drive..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy