Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone into tobogganing?

Poster: A snowHead
New to all this - and I like the snowheads site but there's little talk of tobogganing. We go to Wengen/Grindelwald every year but it would be nice to hear from anyone with experience of other resorts. Also any questions from less (or zero!) experienced tobogganers are welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
we went night tobogganing in ischgl last year it was great , with a gondola ride, to the bar at the top, a few glasses of dutch courage(schnapps) then a 7km floodlit run back to the village
have also been to grindlewald and done the top to bottom toboggan run with the kids, which got them hooked on the idea of winter hols
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The only serious injury sustained in my family over many man/years of skiing, snowboarding, and generally mucking about, what when my son smashed his ankle toboganning. The final bit of the ironmongery which the Austrian surgeon used to mend it was removed 6 months later!

One of the most dangerous sports on the hill! But great fun in the right place (which isn't the beginner slope in the middle of Alpbach, in deep slush, whilst slightly inebriated). We did it in huge inner tubes, in Kapaonik, many years ago when Yugoslavia still existed, with copious drafts of some kind of firewater.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 7km floodlit toboggan run in Schladming is superb. Great fun after a warming (and fear preventing) gluhwein!!!!!!!!!!
Can usually be combined with floodlit skiing on same hill using same chairlift. Chairlift's not included on daily lift pass however!

Does anyone know if there is still a toboggan run in Kirchberg - as we're off there in 5 weeks?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
see link for kirchberg http://www.kitzbuehel-alpen.com/en/kirchberg.asp
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Also search google try localised this will weed out the good from the bad
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've tobogganed in Bad Hofgastein, Saalbach and Zell Am See, and loved it, although in Zell the run was too icy when we did it, and honestly not safe as it was impossible to stop or even snow and I know I wasn't the only person limping away from that one! However, in the right conditions, we love it and it always puts a smile on our faces! Bad Hofgastein was the best out of the ones that we have done, a long trail from the hut at the top down through fields, past farms, through woods etc. with twinkly lights all the way. Was fab.

Have found it important to check insurance though, as many exclude it.

D
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I love it! TBH i prefer it to skiing lol
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Deliaskis wrote:
We've tobogganed in Bad Hofgastein, Saalbach and Zell Am See, and loved it, although in Zell the run was too icy when we did it, and honestly not safe as it was impossible to stop or even snow and I know I wasn't the only person limping away from that one! However, in the right conditions, we love it and it always puts a smile on our faces! Bad Hofgastein was the best out of the ones that we have done, a long trail from the hut at the top down through fields, past farms, through woods etc. with twinkly lights all the way. Was fab.

Have found it important to check insurance though, as many exclude it.

D

Tobogganing in Saalbach is great fun. We spent ages on the beginner slopes at the back of the Berger Sport, and then later on in the day went on the run by the red Gondola, great fun but quite scary"
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The one in Saas Fee is superb, very fast, managed to misjudge one of the hairpins, and went straight over the edge, ended up about 10 metres off the edge, had to climb back up with the toboggan on my back.

The snow was soft, so cushioned my fall.
Surprised more people aren't seriously hurt doing it...

The one in Soll is also good, and flood lit
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tobagganing?? I'm still spending time on its beginner slopes.. Too bad for me... huhuuhuhu
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Did tobogganing in Davos a few year back which was good fun but required rather more control over the toboggan than normally needed in the UK snowHead . "Snowrafting" in Geilo was rather more simple fun with no control required, or even seemed possible Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
AndyC

My mum broke her nose on one of the final corners there. Saas Fee is the only place i've done it, but it was amazing! went to Galtur but unfurtunately didn't go to the night tobogan in Ishgl which looked insane! It's better then skiing imo, but thats probably because i've not done it much and before I did it I had only done it in england which is poo-poo in comparison.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There is a dedicated, flood lit three mile toboggan run in Flumserberg and its hilarious fun. However its best with fresh snow (like everything!) once it gets hard and icy its a little too hairy for me. We took our children down in April and it was SO icy we had to walk down the last mile and a half as it was impossible to get your heels in. Top tip is to use feet FLAT rather than heels in as you get a lot less spray, you can't always do this as of course there are times when only the heels will do !!! Quite a few swiss seem to be very drunk toboganners !!! Cool
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nickynastics wrote:
The 7km floodlit toboggan run in Schladming is superb. Great fun after a warming (and fear preventing) gluhwein!!!!!!!!!!
Can usually be combined with floodlit skiing on same hill using same chairlift. Chairlift's not included on daily lift pass however!

We're off to Schladming in January to will definatly be having a go on the run.

Only ever did sledging on small hills before. Kopaonik as previously mentioned was good fun though.
ski holidays
no_snow_in_swindon, A large group of us went tobagganing in Schladming last Jan......... absolutely brilliant fun, you'll have a ball. I am a toboggan champion btw wink
snow conditions
Excellent. CHeers for that. we're really looking forward to it (even though it's just the two of us going this year!!)

BTW... We're from Swindon also. (Freshbrook)

Edit.... i guess you worked that out from my screen name!!! lol
snow conditions
Cool, I'm in West Swindon too ( Peatmoor )........ small ( virtual ) world eh ??
ski holidays
no_snow_in_swindon wrote:
BTW... We're from Swindon also. (Freshbrook)

Edit.... i guess you worked that out from my screen name!!! lol

Top marks for stating the obvious Laughing
ski holidays
There is a summer rodelbahn in Saalfelden which we experienced last summer with the kids and we all loved it. Also in Jan this year we have great fun on the one from Oberlech down to Lech - 1.6km and floodlit and even has it's own snow cannons and piste basher just to keep things going in typical Lech style. Toboganning is ALMOST as much fun as skiing, but not quit
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy