Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone into tobogganing?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I like this snowheads site but there's little talk of tobogganing. We go to Wengen/Grindelwald every year but it would be nice to hear from anyone with experience of other resorts. Also any questions from less (or zero!) experienced tobogganers are welcome.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Tobogganing is great fun when the weather's too duff to ski or the legs have had enough for the day. One of the longest runs I tried was in Lenzerheide-Valbella. I do tend to wear my ski helmet though Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHead paddy's daddy, an excellent choice of subject for a 1st post. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ooop - yes, welcome to the site Paddy's daddy snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I never go tobogganing on ski hols as is it much to dangerous
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting!! When we mention tobogganing people usually think it's the soft option. That said, with practice it's OK as my daughters will testify. Perhaps someone should provide lessons.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
paddy's daddy, welcome to snowheads.
I was an "expert" self taught off-piste tobagganer in my youth.
My most frequently visited "resort" was Saline Golf Club, just across the road from where I lived.
I had a real classy steel runner toboggan.
I remember fondly great mass races down the slopes in those snowy winters of the 1960s.
Now tobogganing seems to have been largely killed off by planks-on-feet.

This winter I hope to go down the
bobsleigh run
in La Plagne. Shocked
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, Jonpim, I feel quite exhilerated! Back to snowheads - here's a novice for you ............I've started a posting under equipment when I'd be better under snowScene - so I've started same subject off there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry - snowSports.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
welcome to Snowheads, paddy's daddy. The only serious injury sustained on the slopes by my family was tobogganing - son smashed his ankle really badly in Alpbach and came home with loads of metal in it. It was very slushy and he was blinded by tons of slush - or so he said. I suspect he was not entirely sober. He and GF had stayed on after a family holiday in Alpbach, found a cheap room, and were planning to work the season (he speaks German). Sadly, that plan was cut short by the accident. The lovely Austrian lady they were rooming with drove his GF back and forth to visit him in hospital. We have cheap plastic toboggans in our apartment, but there's nowhere really good for tobogganing locally - I like the sound of the 7km run in Radstadt and I would enjoy a ride down the long run at Val Thorens, but I am too frit to do that bobsleigh run in La Plagne.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Over time you learn (back to my point about lessons) about different surfaces and slush, frozen overnight, is awful - wengen and grindelwald suffered from too much sun last Feb and the result was some awful runs on southfacing runs. I injured my knee 3 yrs ago and ended up having surgery for a torn cartilege! However, that hasn't stopped us each winter since.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy