Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Board - From "House?"

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all,

I spend most of my time in the water (wake boarding) but i have recently taken up snowboarding in my off-season. I have been searching to get my own board, boots, and bindings. i know many of the good brands, but wherever i go (local shops, brand web-sites), i find that the board alone is usually out of my price range (300-350).

First, some info about me:
Height: 6'4'' (192 cm?)
Weight: 200-210 lbs. (95 kg)
shoe size: 12 US (11.5 UK, 46.5 EU, 30 cm) *i dont know what is used outside of the US.* -_-;
I have been riding for less than a year, but i wake board (surprisingly similar) and am very athletic so i picked up the sport rather fast.
I generally like to just cruise around on my board but i do not want to be limited by what i buy.

I heard some people mention the website "the-house.com" and checked it out. I found a good package deal of "House" name brand gear. the package deal i found is:
http://www.the-house.com/board-package-10-08.html
this consists of:
Board: http://www.the-house.com/9864hspiw8zz-dub-snowboards.html (164 cm)
Boots: http://www.the-house.com/hs2gt10bw7zz-house-boots.html
Bindings: http://www.the-house.com/hs1te06bk8zz-house-bindings.html

up to this point i have always rented my gear and they give very limited options. I assume from my large size, a 160+ cm board is needed. simply finding a board that fits me is challenging enough. If anyone has advice or thinks i should change something, please let me know, i am very new to this and am making most of my assumptions from what i have heard and read.

My main concern is that i have not heard of "house" brand before. If anyone has experience with them I would greatly appreciate your opinion.
Also, it seems that to buy each part individually costs the same to buy the bundle package so mixing and matching is an option.

Thank you so much for the help!!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
saxymon, Welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

I've never heard of 'House' before so can't advise on that. The Palmer package looks good though. I'm sure I'm telling you how to suck eggs, but bear in mind that you need to try boots on first as there's nothing worse than ill fitting boots and the dreaded heel lift. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be along soon!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
never heard of house, the burton custom wide will probably be the only board you ever need to buy. 162 or 167 although I would go for the 162 but I prefer short boards, 167 would probably be good for you. Just bought a 157 myself and is by far the most popular board being bought after people test.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I looked at the Burton website, and the custom wide is listed for $500. defiantly out of my price range considering it does not even come with boots or bindings.

some other package deals that i saw were from:
Dub
Nitro
F2
M3
Morrow
Sims
Rossignol

i believe that these were all the options. I just went to the-house.com and looked at their package deals. does anyone else know of a website that has good deals on boards / board packages?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
saxymon, never seen 'house' boards before,
www.bargainboards.co.uk have 'sets' which might be closer to your budget.
i picked up a battered Ride Yukon on ebay that would have suited you - 164 and wide, so maybe check ebay out, but it is always bit of a gamble.
Suggets you do some research for large wide boards and then see what you can get where for your budget
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy