Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Vulgarians of Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Last year it was Courchevelski, now Verbier gets the Russian Oligarch treatment from the press:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=504802&in_page_id=1879
Deserved?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bode Swiller, good to see Verbier is tidying itself up. It was looking a little shabby in places when I was there last season.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I am not sure it is deserved on the Russians. It portrays them as the ugly of the ugly and I am sure it is not the case. There are plenty non-russian uber rich who are a little sickening in their pomposity as well as the opposite. As with all rich clients you need to find otu how to push their buttons and give em what htey want whilst getting what you want.

By the way is their a cigar & cognac bar in Verbier as if not I see a business opportunity!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, I was at the opening party of the Coco Club and thought (along with most of the people I was with) that it was noting special. If they have spent the sort of money they claim I don't see where they have spent it because it's pretty much the same as Tara's, the club it replaces. Only went there once as well.
Verbier does have a slightly schizophrenic feel. There are places like The Farm and The Coco Club where overt spending is all and if the Russians go there good luck to them. However there are far more people who don't have that attitude, and if as the article suggests, a Russian billionaire offers 500 Euros to a bar owner to throw out a ski bum I don't think he'd have much joy in the Pub, Fer or various other bars in town.
The article just seems to be typical lazy journalist hyperbole. Wouldn't have expected that of the Daily Mail rolling eyes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bode Swiller, There was similar stuff in teh Sunday Times the other week. Me thinks the owner of the Coco club is the one doing all the talking Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
gwaelod, I noticed the same article too somewhere, probably the Times, looks like this Coco Club is getting press for itself but not too flattering for Verbier I suppose. Distinct lack a people chucking money around in the few pub type places I went to.

Still a top resort though Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good luck to the Coco Club, I never understand the animosity against these joints or the people that enjoy them. When I am in a resort eating my home made spag bol and sipping a 20cl beer out of a bottle I am in dreamland. When they are in their gucci jeans and prada sun glasses drinking 2000 euro a bottle Cristal champagne and dancing to Bob Sinclair they are in dreamland good on 'em keep having fun.

And if you see any russians say the following: вы посмотрели мою женщину, я убьете вас

followed by: если вы не оплатить мне хорошее оцените для ее

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 29-12-07 13:53; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
plectrum, met some Russian birds there from the west end of Londinium though, could not keep their interest as had no money to chuck around,
my pub bought pizza and pint maybe a step up from home made spag bol and a miserly 20cl beer, but nevertheless it did not cut the mustard with the Londinium Russian set Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rayscoops, That wouldn't cut the mustard with me either you skank ... don't talk to me unless your sipping henessy and smoking cohibas ... Ray Shock)

Dimitri .... please see to this rayscoops,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, their loss not yours wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
BGA, I'm not 100% sure about that I bet they were knock-out
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not if they were in the Coco Club opening night. Mind you, I only have eyes for my wife of course

You can tell it's not a really classy joint as they use Paradis and not RM Louis XIII

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sat 29-12-07 14:04; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
plectrum, I did notice the Whistler T-shirt one of the birds had on and mentioned that I was there the week before, which I was, so I had a good start and a peck on the cheek wink but I must admit to being a skank on beer and pizza rather than brandy and ceeegars and there I fell foul to the sobering class society of Verbier - i have no class and was excluded from the high society Very Happy ....... Dimitri know better though than to mess with the South Wales People's Republic Boarders Club Very Happy worse than Hells Angels Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BGA wrote:
You can tell it's not a really classy joint as they use Paradis and not RM Louis XIII

It's Hennessy Ellipse to you BGA!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rayscoops wrote:
plectrum, but I must admit to being a skank on beer and pizza

Did you still have a bit of tomato sauce stained on the chin? NehNeh
snow conditions
Quote:

It's Hennessy Ellipse to you BGA!

Sorry, you misunderstood. I was referring to Louis XIII Black Pearl. I'll give them a call for next weekend. 10 bottles of that, bathtub full of Clos du Mesnil, a busload of Russian callgirls and pie and peas all round. Normal night in for me really. Anyway have to go now as the curry will be ready for picking up
latest report
BGA, Oh touche ... but I'm only bothering to turn up if there will be proper gravy on those pies!
latest report
Plectrum, which chin?
snow report
The Sunday Telegraph's take on Russians in the Alps. For everything there is a season. I remember the Americans and then the Japanese were seen as unseemly tourists of Europe in their time.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
The Sunday Telegraph's take on Russians in the Alps. For everything there is a season. I remember the Americans and then the Japanese were seen as unseemly tourists of Europe in their time.

Some things never change wink Very Happy
ski holidays
Oh dear. Sad Sad Sad It's even worse if you can understand them being rude/coarse/ thoroughly unpleasant. Sometimes, though, they speak so coarsely I can't understand anything - practically a different language from that which I learned from my parents.
snow report
There were suggestions that 118 Eaton Square, the prominent corner building that served as the Ski Club of GB's HQ from the 1950s to the 1990s, had fallen into Russian ownership.

Perhaps we could be told.

The Ski Club now occupies the White House.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy