Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

how do I get the gfs graph for valmeinia france?

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me how i get the gfs graph for valmeinia france? Iv bin to the gfs site but i cant make head no tail of it! sorry to be a pain but im a complete ametur! Puzzled Embarassed
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=14852 have a look at this thread, it explains a lot. Otherwise, just look at snow-forecast for valmeinier and let someone else work it out! Having done so, I can tell you that there is no significant snow forecast for the next 6 days. However, that can change...
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, Thanks pam, iv checked out the link b4 posting and im a member of sf.com but i just want the proper charts. Sad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
assuming it's Valmeiner which is 45N and 6e (roughly) this should be the link

http://85.214.49.20/wz/pics/MS_645_ens.png
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't forget that thread titles like "HELP PLEASE...." aren't as useful as something more descriptive, e.g. "How to get gfs graph for Valmeinia?"

Other people may well want to know the same (or similar) thing so help them out too NehNeh
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shallimus, I would have thought that the under title, and i quote "Can anyone tell me how i get the gfs graph for valmeinia france? would be plain enough for most to understand' and help please, the original post, would get the curiosity in most of us to take a look. I could be wrong though..... Twisted Evil wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, rogg, Thanks !!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shallimus, Iv just realised you have changed my thread.WHY? Pls have the decency and manners to leave other snowheads threads alone. Or is this beyond you? As long as my thread is non offensive surley i should be able to call it what i want? Or are you this pedantic and awkward that you just wait in the shadows of snowheads like a coiled spring for the chance to be a nerd? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Have you nothing better to do with your time? Mad Mad
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
harrymac, it won't have been Shallimus, only a moderator or the author can change the thread title. you could PM a moderator and ask who changed it. you should be able to change it back yourself. (edited: I agree with Shallimus and Admin btw)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 1-01-08 18:25; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whoever changed it can't spell. Maybe that might narrow down the list of possible culprits? wink
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, well, unless harrymac did it himself, the mod has used his spelling
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
harrymac, I changed your topic title.
I'm very busy and I didn't read the rest of the thread once I'd ascertained what your initial post was about, so I'm afraid I didn't realise you had an issue with it.

The main point of meaningful topic titles is not for your own benefit but for others. You might be perfectly pleased with the response you got and it's testament to the inherent generosity of spirit within snowHeads that anyone bothered to check a topic with your original title and give you an answer at all. But please consider the hundreds who have opened your topic, your 'cry for help', only to find it's something they were unable to help with? You've effectively wasted their time and good will. Now consider what a bloody mess we'd be in if everyone who had a question to ask about anything simply titled their topic "HELP PLEASE...".
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, Yes i have an issue with it as i consider this to be a forum which allows freedom to choose-i.e able to post a title as long as non offensive, what you want. The sub tilte was more than enough.Now if we are being "bloody" as you so nicely put it, pedantic, go through all post titles and read them and see if you cant change them all completely as il bet you, at some point all the threads bear absolutely no likeness to the original post.I find your remarks sarcastic, childish and indeed very pedantic. All what was needed was you to pm me with the suggestion and i would have changed it no problem. Perhaps you are suffering with a new year hangover or you mite be on a power trip.? Very unprofessional of you - i cant belive you have accused me wasting snow heads time and good will, OTT, i look at threads all the time on here and if i find they are not for me i politely look at others. Very dissapointed. is not the point of these forums to ask for help?

Shallimus, Very sorry, pls accept my sincere apologies. Embarassed
holidayloverxx, carry on boot licking. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
harrymac, Oh if you only knew me....bootlicking is not my style wink
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There's no helping some people, is there rolling eyes
snow conditions
rob@rar, As you have gatecrashed, pls be so kind as to read my post again,or allow me to inform you once more, and i quote"All what was needed was you to pm me with the suggestion and i would have changed it no problem" I think this speaks for itself.Its not that there is no helping me at all, its just i feel common politeness and curtesy should be at the forefront..Quite obviously judging by your reply you agree with impoliteness. Twisted Evil
snow report
harrymac, I think a harmless (and helpful, IMO) change of thread title from a busy Admin doesn't really fall in to the category of impoliteness, but each to their own. Certainly wouldn't need correspondence by PM to clear the change if it had been my post.

Good wishes for the snow for your upcoming trip.
latest report
harrymac, I'm sorry you've been upset by all this - I do think you're over-reacting. I think we all owe a big debt of gratitude to admin and others who spend a lot of time making sure Snowheads works as well as it does. Inevitably any kind of "policing" will upset somebody (for example there are people who think that offensive language should be allowed, others who don't). But the essence of a forum like this is that everybody has a right to put their point of view, in any thread, so to speak of "gatecrashing" really is a bit much - if nobody "gatecrashed" there wouldn't be any posts at all! The problem with "sub titles" as you call them is that you can't see them till you've opened the thread. It is true that you got some answers to your original query (I think you had two threads with a similar question?) but it's also true that unless the moderators did change titles, or change where posts have been placed, from time to time everything would soon become very confusing.

When are you off on your holiday?
snow report
rob@rar, pam w, Its quite obvious that both of you feel, dare i say it, too scared to voice your own opinion if you think it may"stir things up"I was brought up to speak my mind if i thought something was wrong and NOT agree with conformity and to "suck up to someone" just because i dindt have the"guts" to stand up on my own and be counted. I dont thing i have over reacted, i feel the admins reply in tone was simply not called for. Im seem to recall carled getting a real pasting from this forum for voicing a legitimate opinion about the weather? last winter from other snowheads who just like to get involved with sarcastic replys.
snow conditions
harrymac, Puzzled

I've just voiced my opinion. Because I have a different view to you doesn't mean that I'm frightened to express that view rolling eyes On the few occasions I've felt Admin was in the wrong I've told him, privately and publicly. And always respectfully.
latest report
harrymac, both rob@rar and pam w have posted courteously and phave politely asked you about your holiday and wished you well. Your post is simply rude to them both. There is a difference between voicing your opinion in a courteous way and carrying on a slanging match.
latest report
holidayloverxx, its not rude, its to the point "snowheads who just like to get involved with sarcastic replys." says it all. Im sorry but ill say this to all of you- if none of you think that the admins reply was not called for then i have nothing to say to you, except - if i had been the admin i would have changed the post and left a quick reply to me, something like "changed your postharrymac, as i feel it would be in the best interests of the forum as its a specific question wink Little Angel . This would have been a "polite dig, one which i would have agreed with and one which would'nt have got my back up.
ski holidays
harrymac, my last post on this topic - I think it's rude, you don't - we must agree to differ. I think we probably have to agree to differ on the definition of sarcasm. I haven't detected any in this thread.

by the way, as it happens I have taken exception, publicly, to moderators making changes without leaving a note to say so. I agree with admin's reasons for changing the title but I would have liked him to have posted to say that he had done it and that would avoided you making an incorrect assumption about shallimus.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Draw game wink
snow conditions
harrymac, Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy