Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

that bloody snow animation on this site...

Poster: A snowHead
Is doing my head in. It is flashing on and off in a strobe like fashion, making the logo and all the assorted snowflakes come and go. If i had epilepsy i may well be lieing on the floor right now suffering from a seizure!

please make it go away!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
shoogly, unfortunately (imo) they do like their animations round here. Expect it to stay until about mid-March, just in time to have an easter bunny leaping around your screen !

Anyway, in the meantime if you go into User Facilities at the top left of the screen, then forum profile, you can change your board style to subBlack, and it all goes away. Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Expect it to stay until about mid-March, just in time to have an easter bunny leaping around your screen !

As an International site with snowHead 's from many different countries , I think we should be a bit more inclusive about our celebrations. Can we have an appropriate graphic for Chinese New Year inbetween.
Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
brian, so it does. Leaves 'snowHeads' in a vile luminous yellow - but on balance an improvement.
latest report
 brian
brian
T Bar,

Happy Hanukkah ! wink

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Its fine on my computer snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
redrunmarcus, it is on mine now. It is not there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you have firefox you can choose to run (or not run) flash content with this add on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433

Its also quite useful for stopping flash based ads on sites, the downside is that you need to click on flash content you do want to see.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ah the joys of seasonal cheer rolling eyes

I am sure we have a large portion of Tourette sufferers on here.
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, Be Nice please! off !
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
brian, Oh have just realised if you reply with a quote you can see the posters intent. Shocked Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, interesting. Better not call you a lady's front bottom then ! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
C U.... Jimmy Little Angel
snow report
 brian
brian
Frosty the Snowman, that's it, yer tea is oot !

snow report
If your using firefox it also stops you from clicking any links on the page it is layered over. Use adblock plus to block this file and it will all work again:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/swfobject.js

r

shoogly wrote:
Is doing my head in. It is flashing on and off in a strobe like fashion, making the logo and all the assorted snowflakes come and go. If i had epilepsy i may well be lieing on the floor right now suffering from a seizure!

please make it go away!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
xjenkins wrote:
If your using firefox it also stops you from clicking any links on the page it is layered over. Use adblock plus to block this file and it will all work again:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/swfobject.js

Thanks for that. It was showing up a just a huge white box over the top of most of the page content for me, gone now though. Smile
latest report
xjenkins, Is "adblock plus" much better than "adblock", I have not used it because it sounded like you needed a subscription for the filterset.
snow report
 brian
brian
xjenkins, superb, thanks for that. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
brian, But have you blown up Santa's sleigh and exploded his Deeley Boppers yet Puzzled Toofy Grin
latest report
 brian
brian
boredsurfin, what Santa ? What sleigh ? Puzzled wink Little Angel
snow report
xjenkins, you are a genius. Pity the thing was there in the first place to cause the grief (I can do ungrateful) - but ABP has knocked it out, so I can now go back to my preferred skin which has the bells and whistlesI do want.
ski holidays
brian, exactly.
latest report
Slowed my Pc down to a crawl until I blocked Java on my Opera browser for this site only...get rid of it it does nothing and is a waste processing power...

Christmas..bah humbug
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
it's excellent. Loads of new stuff to pay with: beard, snowball etc Toofy Grin
snow report
Quote:

get rid of it it does nothing and is a waste processing power...

True, it does nothing.

But really, if your machine is so slow that that animation makes a difference to your browsing it may be time to get an new computer.
snow report
johnnyh,
Quote:

it may be time to get an new computer

WHAAAT..I've got skis/boots to buy, holidays to go on, two kids + a wife to feed..never mind a christmas present to buy..and I have to give all that up because of an animation..It is a cruel world..

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi jbob, I'm not sure it's that much better than adblock, it's just what I have installed - never had to pay for the filterset, i just use the default one and hardly ever see any ads....

jbob wrote:
xjenkins, Is "adblock plus" much better than "adblock", I have not used it because it sounded like you needed a subscription for the filterset.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cfc5mu0, ha ha ha, i sympathise as I too have the same problem! Forget the computer, go for the holiday.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
My my my. We are full of Christmas cheer on this thread aren't we rolling eyes
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, exactly. Some folks aren't happy unless they are whinging Very Happy
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, it's a sad day when an 11 yr old spend hours creating a new logo and all people can do is have a go at his work Sad
snow conditions
Elizabeth B, I don't think they are having a go at the quality of the work, perhaps it is a testament to the perfection of snowHeads that when there is a change it makes folks uneasy Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
Elizabeth B, aint Christmas, yet. It's the first week of Advent.
snow report
Elizabeth B, I agree.
snow report
Elizabeth B, I suspect the 11 yr old is older than he was when he was 11 last year wink
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, gosh! Is he 12 already. Embarassed uh oh....almost a teenager. admin watch out!!
ski holidays
 brian
brian
Elizabeth B, difficult to write anything here without coming across as a scroogetrocious curmudgeon but what the hell ....

This is a high traffic, several hundreds of users, forum about skiing, not a playground for 11 year old animators (it's mighty impressive work for an 11 year old, btw, but that's beside the point). At the time of introduction it knackered all sorts of links, text boxes etc. which was a pita.

Maybe for a day or 2 around xmas and assuming it didn't break anything we could all have gone, "ah, isn't that nice", but having it weeks in advance (and knowing it probably won't be switched off for a few weeks afterwards) you know it's going to get wearing. rolling eyes

Plus, I'm a greeting faced git at the best of times. wink
ski holidays
brian wrote:
This is a high traffic, several hundreds of users, forum about skiing, not a playground for 11 year old animators

Laughing I think you'll find that this is whatever admin decides it is......and if he wants it to be a playground then watch out wink
latest report
brian wrote:
Elizabeth B, difficult to write anything here without coming across as a scroogetrocious curmudgeon but what the hell ....
How perceptive wink Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy