Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone into Ski-Boards?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone on here into or got a pair of ski-boards? slightly longer/fatter versions of blades & their ilk, more like 2 small snowboards...

I've a pair of Sporten Power blades from at least 4 or 5 years ago & they've served me well, they are much wider than regular blades & actually work really well off piste in the steeps. I've never ever seen another pair ever! I've been after some longer & wider ones yet again ones & no one it appears seems to make them.... Until now that is, well I've only just found them!

The one's I've just found are made by Revel8 and vary from 90-120cm sort of lengths with widths from 13-15cm

So has anybody got any, anyone ever used them or have anything similar? any reviews?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
i have summit custom 110's, revel 8 condor 110's and hagan off limit 130's. not had chance to use the hagans, revel 8's as yet, but the summit's are fantastic, you wont regret moving up to proper skiboards. perfect on piste, and damn good in knee deep powder. i use bomber elites non release on my 110's and fritschi freeride at bindings on my hagans.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great bit of info thanks

The Summit woody's look loooverely Madeye-Smiley

I'll have a rummage around the skiboards.com site, looks to be some interesting stuff. Would you suggest to go for release bindings on the 99 size ones? I find the fixed bindings great but would have thought the extra safety margin could be helpful one day. Though I take it off piste they can be a pain at times (I'm assuming) Especially considering the steeps & drops I like to play in.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
its the woodys i have. not sure if they are still available. but they are a fantastic board. very stiff
as for what bindings, hmmm i would never advise you to use non release, its a choice i make alone. i was going to purchase the summit marauders for the coming season, and have the bomber non release fitted to them also. but that would have been completely at my own risk. skiboard companys officially dont fit non release above 110's. in end i went for the wider condors in the 110 length
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy