Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Samoens Grand Massif / Massif ski Pass - Advice on which to get pls?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Samoens for the new year and have been looking at the ski pass prices.

Would we have enough skiing with the Massif ski pass with covers all the areas except Flaine or would we really miss out by not getting the full Grand Massif pass?

We are intermediate skiers with a non skiing 4 year old. Any advice would be great thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mambo,

I would say it depends on snow weather and how much time you get away from the four year old.

In bad weather you won't want to be in Flaine anyway, if the snow low down is poor the best snow is in Flaine. It takes time to get there though so if you have little time off avoid Flaine. When I went to Samoens with my wife we did most of our skiing outwith Flaine and loved it but the best views were from the top of the Flaine bowl and the run down to Sixt is long and memorable if there is sufficient snow at the bottom.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
mambo, AsT Bar, says it depends on conditions and how hard you want to ski. The year before last we were quite happy to just get a Massif pass- it still allows you to drop into Flaine and get the Grand Vans lift back. Last year however the snow around the villages was poor or non-existant so we went for the Grand Massif pass. If it hadn't been for the poor cover below 1600 metres the few extra runs we did in Flaine would not have justified the bigger pass.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Personal view is that there is plenty of great skiing in just the Massif area, but the additionaly cost really isn't much so you should get the Grand Massif pass to keep all of your option open. Otherwise, get the MAssif and look into cost of occassional upgrades to full area.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy