Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Do the demo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've been twittering on about which skis to buy and I've finally bought my perfect skis.
I tried a few pairs in Lech this week and I've ended up with Volkl Attiva Arena. It's a ladies advanced carver. Of course, I wasn't supposed to have this ski because I'm was an intermediate. But, now I'm not. Toofy Grin Now, I'm better than that!!!! And I'm a better skier now because these skis are rockin'.
They have excellent edge hold, brilliant short turns and big turns, very stable at speed in a straight line, very bouncy from turn to turn, and they like to go fast. They reward, in spades, good technique. They are a bit wicked if you aren't paying attention. If you're feeling lazy, they will slide. That's me done. Oh - I tried the K2 Burnin' Luvs again. No comparison. The Burnin' Luvs have a dead, flattish feel to them. I also skied the Stockli Spirit Ed - very easy to ski and turn, but a little soft.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, I hope you'll be very happy together snowHead

I'm interested that you've bought a ski more advanced than thought you were and suceeded - I hope I do too with Wave Magics Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, I have the BLs - please don't make me spend more money Shocked I'd like to try volkls if I get a chance - I see lots of good reports about them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, I think when you've been taught to ski on shaped skis, then skiing advanced skis isn't as difficult for us as for someone who has been taught to ski twenty years ago on sticks. It's all about technique. Toofy Grin Many people struggle with carving - I don't. But then again, I'm rubbish at off-piste.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
erica2004, I bought the old B2's a few years ago after a free demo - they were classed as advanced and I had skied for 4 days - but we just meashed. Ratings are averages for %80 of the population... we all like certain skis for various reasons and if a ski suits you and will let you develop into it then so much the better.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy