Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens 22-26 Dec, thanks to Johnnyboy

Poster: A snowHead
Cheers RogerC Smile we'll def check it out.
And now for something completely different....
Dinner!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

we're off to Courcheval - I haven't skied there since 1996!

I can beat that - 1988 for me!

I can understand your excitement however!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
On our way. Just come down the red from the back of the Bouquetin and stopped for a boot pfaff and a restorative hot choc to let the muscles recover (bad experiment with boots).
On our way to Courcheval for lunch having started the day with Champagne and Smoked Salmon (JB didn't have any salmon). Life is pretty tough. Smile Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The day progressed as well as you could hope. Once I'd sorted out my boots (as much as possible) we proceeded through the mid station straight down to Motterat and up the 2stage gondalar towards Coucheval.
First run was a Red that started (as far as I'm concerned with a 4-500mt black drop on hard packed, mogled snow with a lot of inexperienced skiers traversing side to side. Great! Once past that section (hard,quick turns down the extreme right of the slope) there was a sharp left and onto much softer snow all the way into C. The final section was tree lined and at one point there was a paraglider overhead. The whole thing was beautiful. Johnnyboy showed me the spot where JetPackJohnny was born and, I have to say, he was lucky he wasn't taken out - it's a VERY busy cross section!
We then went up the Chenus bubble and picniced at the top with a tremendous view. We then skied Chenus run and took the shortcut back to town to jump on Biollay lift for a run back to town before starting our return journey to VT. Once in town, having skied the incredibly picturesque Jardin past stunning chalets (private, no doubt) and hotels that the lifts stop in (I'll def have to stay in one of those one day) we took a bubble up to get a cable car towards the top of the valley. Mums hide yor eyes now, while making our way to the platform for the Cable Car we saw a bunch of young men Boarding and Skiing down without tops. They eventually showed up for the cable car! I took a photo (will try to post along with others at a later date) but felt sooooo maternal. All of them had purple lips. One of them looked purple fuul stop! They were all enjoying a hipflask of goodness knows what too! Oh well!!!!
From there we made our way down to Motterat and stopped for a demi. By this point I was shattered and had really struggled down the last stretch - a mix of the morning's missadventure trying to sort out boots and extreem unfitness!!!
Then up a 2stage gondolar and a short piste down to a chair that would take us back to the top of Mont de la Chambrd. JB warned the chair would be cold - He wasn't kidding!!!
But hood up and nose buried to chest we eventually made it back to take the Pluviometre back to VT. Thank goodness !!! I learned a new level of knackered today!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
flowa, hope you got some sleep eventually! Tell us, is your name flowa as in the snowboard bindings, or flowa as in sour flour?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
PamW - flowa as in I had a tutor from Bombay years ago who struggled pronouncing my name and after 10 attempts decided to just call me Flower; with his accent it sounded like flow-a and so I have been known by my mates since Smile
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Ooh! A late one last night so we're still phaffing about the apartment.
A cloudy day but quite bright with it.
Going to shoot for la Masse today.
Going to take it very easy though. That thing about beer after wine is sooooo true!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flowa, la masse, jammy buggars. Have a drink at the top. La masse is my fave 3v place, have one for me.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
maybe after a heavy night, a lack of bright sunshine might not be altogether a bad thing! Looks like the sun is coming back tomorrow.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well, it's all over Sad, I'm on the coach to Moutiers to get the trains back to Paris and London - in time for work tomorrow, sort of.

We (JohnnyBoy, his friend Martyn and me) started today by doing the Boismint and on down to do la Masse - not the best idea on reflection, because after the killer Boismint with a hangover, the long track down to Les Men really was loooong and my feet were killing me all the way (have sorted the swelling issue - arnica, deepheat, modified clips - but soles are still a big problem for the first few runs). We then took the two Gondolas to the top of la Masse and followed the Fred Covilli run onto Longet to the mid station for some breakfast (it must have been about 1.30'ish). From there it was Mur Rouge and onto Vallons to take the Doran Gondola up to meet the Mont de la Chambre lift, that was thankfully working again, to cross back to VT. By then the pull of a Westham game was very great with the chaps (who had really been very generous for the past few days to let me take my preference of runs - xx thanks again for that JB and Martyn) and I was happy to call it a day and start packing - so we sauntered down Pluviometre back to the apartment.

You can no doubt tell what an excellent time I've had. JohnnyBoy is the host to beat all hosts and I can't sing his praises enough for welcoming me so warmly into his seasonaire adventure.

Thanks again JohnnyBoy Smile. It's been great.

Ok all, I hope you have enjoyed my little travellog. Thanks for reading and Happy Skiing when you get there Smile

flowa xxx
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
flowa, thanks for sharing your adventure with us. Hope you actually manage to do some work tomorrow - or at least, be there for the required hours!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi flowa, great blog. Hope work today is not too much of a wrench.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi y'all, I'm on my back for Easter so if you're interested you can keep up with my exploits with JohnnyBoy and friends in the new thread... "Val Thorens Easter 08, thanks to JohhnyBoy"

As the man himself would say, ttfn
xx f
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:
Hi y'all, I'm on my back for Easter so if you're interested you can keep up with my exploits with JohnnyBoy
Shocked Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shocked
snow report
Helen Beaumont, FenlandSkier, Have you seen the first line of the other thread? Shocked
latest report
D'oh!
lol oops. I mean - as I'm sure you all guessed.... "I'm on my WAY back"
Blush
latest report
Laughing that's a pretty good typing error. Not quite in the same league as Helen Beaumont's menu choice at Geneva, but it made me chuckle Smile
ski holidays
He he he
It is amazing what a difference one word makes (blush)
Kind'a wish I'd done it on purpose now.
Oh, well - that's my reputation as the 'Queen of the unintentional double-entendre' intact! (Blush again)
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy