Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire - Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi there, does anyone know the nearest ski shop to the Chalet Berangere? We are advised by our tour operator that there is ski hire in the basement but we have a feeling a shop just brings down a few pairs of skis and boots once we have pre-booked. We'd prefer to book online with a shop for the skis we want and then to have the full range of boots to try on for comfort. However, can't work out from the station map which is the nearest ski hire shop to walk to. Any ideas anyone?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meme23,

Welcome to snowHead

I never bother with the closest, I want what I want. I don't know the geography of your question but an interesting ski hire shop is Jutta's Ski Extreme, I think it is called. Some locals should be along in a moment to give you more detail. Jutta is known to many snowHead's and you might feel this is plug but she stocks interesting and not so mainstream skis...and there are good enough shops in L2A that stock the usual Rossi's etc but if you want a Stockli or lesser known marque then go here.

FWIW, I think L2A has good ski shops anyway and if their retail stock is anything to go by that will be reflected well in the hire stock, IMV

It isn't a bad town to walk about anyway...and you'll only do it to get the skis.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Meme23, Another vote for Ski Extreme.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not sure if you're hiring boots that you will be wanting to go for some of the higher end skis. Having said that Ski Extreme took a great deal more than average care to make sure my childrens boots fitted well when hiring there definately recommended.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
No, I'm not needing higher end skis, only just past the beginner stage, I'm more interested in comfortable boots! But my sister is a pretty good skier and definitely wants some decent skis so I will send her the info on Ski Extreme, thanks for your help everyone.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yet another vote for ski extreme. They didn't have quite my length (fussy so*) so they drilled and fitted a new pair and drove them around to Berangere, which is a bit of a hike to lug skis and boots. They also were happy to collect from Berangere at the end of the week. They also hired my son an 'exciting ' pair of Racetigers, and went to the effort of enquiring (via easiski) whether they were suiting him. Excellent friendly service.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brun seem the closest to this hotel I am asking the same question as to me with a family every minute counts ! And also we will be doing quite a bt of walking anyways ...
Anyone use this shop before also found online snowrental was much cheaper than skiset...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mojito, Would you mind letting me know which one you end up hiring from and how you get on? I am booked to go there next season with the family? Thanks.

Btw also try Alpinresorts I have got good discounts booking through them and haven't had a problem yet.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thats a nice advert Wink for alpineresorts - I'm not sure if you are just dropping that link now so dont know if they are really any good ! Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Alpinresorts are a middle man company so you book So you are booking with the same hire shops just through them which somehow works out cheaper. Once you decide which hire shop to book with see if you can book with them through alpinresorts to see if the deal is better. I believ there is some magic jittery pokery which turns my text into a link and provides addiotnal discount for going there though this site.

I used them season before last for my hire in Courchevel and I have booked through them for St Anton. Others on here have been happy with them as well.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The I only reason, Your post didnt create the link is you spelt it wrong (they don't have an e in the middle).
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ski Extreme for the Skis and Jacques Sports for boots seems to be Easiski's (who lives in L2A) preference
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I found the Ski extreme shop email and telephone number on the SNO website. Emailed Jutta and arranged ski's, seemed so easy and quite reasonable, with the added benefit that Easiski use them, so you have a fair idea they will be good.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I hired from Ski Extreme website through this link: http://www.location-ski-les2alpes.fr/magasin-7-ski-extreme last year. They were cheaper than anywhere else which was a surprise as I used them based on recommendation rather than price.

I have to say the kit she gave us was terrible, absolutely the worst I have ever seen. I was shocked that a shop with a good reputation would not have consigned such rubbish to the skip. The shop owner justified this by stating that you cannot expect quality kit at the price she was charging. She was quiet rude and her demeanour suggested that we should be happy with what we got.

I eventually told her that I didn't want to argue or go elsewhere and asked her how much it would cost to acquire some good quality kit. We agreed on a price and got some great skis at what was still a competitive price.

The shop is across the road from stop 4 on the free shuttle.

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I just booked with ski extreme then read your post on quality of material - if its not up to what they say I will be quite cross Smile
snow conditions
Mojito....when are you going? Plan to be there Mid March, so if you before me let me know the quality of the Ski's please and then I can review what I plan to do ?? Thanks
latest report
The Easiski on2off crowd who hired from them got great skis last week, and no problem when one wanted to swap fr something shorter and softer.
ski holidays
Looking at that link their cheapest Ski Loisir option is only 37.50€ for a week for skis and boots, I don't think you can expect top quality for that. Something like Ski Premium at 82.50€ should get something decent.

I haven't had any skis from Jutta for a while but they were always good when I did. I did have avi packs from her a couple of times last winter though.
ski holidays
Always found Ski Extreme to be very good - but then always been having lessons with Charlotte so they would not have given us anything but what we needed as she would have sent us back there!
Our friends tend to be completely price driven and have hired from a variety of shops and had good service everywhere (ski extreme end of town as that is where we stay)
snow report
Just a quick question on the ski hire. Never Hired before as normally drive and take ski's and boots, but this time we are flying and taking our own boots......is the advice to take your boots to the shop when hiring ski's? My own ski's are easily adjustable to boots, but just wondering what the ski hire shop will ask for?? Just don't want to lug my boots (and other halfs) to the shop to find they don't require them??
snow report
Simon94, yes - take one boot each
ski holidays
RED 27...OK thanks for the info
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy