Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Get your early excuses in here...

Poster: A snowHead
Can't help noticing an alarming trend in threads on here, generally relating to reasons why individuals may not be able to ski to the levels they aspire to, long before they have even blown the dust off their passports... rolling eyes

I have seen illness, injury, lack of fitness, general malaise, poor technique, poor equipment, unfashionable clobber, wrong choice of resort, wrong type of snow, too cold, too hot, poorly pets, cost of food, drink, fear of the dark, political climate, baggage limitations, concerns over child welfare, disease, etc etc

For heavens sake people, for the majority of you, you are due to be going on holiday. Quit moaning, worrying and panicking, stick some sturdy underwear and a toothbrush in your bag and get on with it. Kick back, relax and please enjoy it. Then tell us all about how it was ruined by the above factors when you return. There is no point in worrying about the unknown now, your plane might not even make it yet.... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a genuine concern that being 15kg lighter than last season, that I will not be able to flex my skis as efficiently. wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guvnor, here here! Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Kramer, you aint the only one Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kramer, Don't worry - you've got the christmas festivities to get through yet.....I reckon if you attack it with enough force, you'll be able to put that 15kg straight back on in time for January wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Nah just go and have fun ! snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Kramer, Charlatanefc, don't worry, I'm making up the extra weight!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wear The Fox Hat, cheers matey Wink Knew yer'd come in useful for summat NehNeh
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My knee might dislocate so there is that which is preventing me from going skiing.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kramer, You may notice a difference in your centre of balance - but should quickly readjust, I'd guess wink I noticed it last year & the first few runs felt weird - but i had other probs then too. Have you had to buy new ski gear?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pah. I'm thinner, fitter, and more motivated than I've ever been. The snow's good, and I am going to ski from first to last lift. The Government has been spinning spin against spin against my profession for the last few months and it's time I had a break. And that break, for me, consists of 3 weeks in the PdS in January. Bring it on snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geri, I have, some loverlay bright orange Kjus trousers with a black jacket with orange detail. Very scandinavian. Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Wear The Fox Hat wrote:
Kramer, Charlatanefc, don't worry, I'm making up the extra weight!

Me too Sad but I'm ill so it doesn't count.
Well done guys, it's a lot harder to lose it than put it on so you must have been working pretty hard. Very happy for you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
just get out there and enjoy it, we can't all be world cup racers, or big air stompers
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
doctor_eeyore, Enjoy, you lucky !**!!!!* Mr. Green
snow report
I have genuine concern being 10kilos heavier than last season I might be able to flex my skis and boots properly!
snow report
I cant wait, I have 6 weeks left to get even fitter and then I am off on my solo adventure in jackson

(of course I am worried that I will spend nearly 3 weeks without talking to anyone !)
ski holidays
Helen LS, what brought the solo in jackson on?
ski holidays
I'm a crap skiier with no confidence.

My fitness is low and can feel a sniffle coming on.

Is there any point in going outside the house in 2008?
snow report
Rossfra8, there is a thread I started over in trips about this I was supposed to be going with a mate but she isnt going and rather than waste my airline ticket I am going by myself the other snowheads thought my alternatives were a little ridiculous Wink
snow conditions
Rossfra8, They say drinking too much puts weight on, haven't noticed any late night drunken posts soo far this weekend !! wink
latest report
ickabodblue, hahaha i think it was "morning". I'm saving my pennies, us Helensburgh folk are poor and in need of a wash. Whats your excuse?
snow report
Rossfra8, Why, I'm T-total like the majority of Glaswegians wink
ski holidays
New ski's

Has that been taken yet?
snow report
Don't care whether it's seen as an excuse or not, but I now feel so utterly ghastly (how much worse can these flu symptoms get before they abate?) that I don't care whether I go skiing or not. Anyone else got this lurgy? It's no fun at all. I've had flu twice in my adult life: this is the second time. Sad
ski holidays
Kramer, Charlatanefc, Sounds like an excellent reason to treat yourselves to new skis Toofy Grin I just wonder is that enough to need adjust your binding settings?

My fitness regime has gone to pot and the exercise machine is now relegated to the garden over Christmas, I am also that exhausted at the moment I am having a job to focus properly. However, I've got new skis that I can't wait to try and I'm looking forward to my holidays I've got about 6 weeks to recover Toofy Grin
ski holidays
New (stiffer) skis and an extra 5kg to flex them with - I'm sorted! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Skiing is, without peer the sport which attracts the biggest exageration of ability by people that I know...it attracts bull poo-poo. Equally the excuses flow like you say...

In all the seasons i've done I've never fully understood why people do it? Even when you are about to take a personal lesson the punter is saying how great they are knowing a few moments later they are going to ski with you...incredible.

Skiing is about having fun and being with friends in the mountains enjoying a common passion. Who the hell cares how great you are?

Just get out there and enojoy Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm just rubbish, does that count as an excuse? Very Happy
snow conditions
Scottland wrote:
I'm just rubbish, does that count as an excuse? Very Happy
works for me, everytime snowHead
ski holidays