Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How many resorts have you visited

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
FenlandSkier, I have to ask, how?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aviemore, La Clusaz, Livigno, Kitzbuhel, Voss
Five resorts, five countries- and I'm going back to Kitz in January
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHead snowHeads snowHead , ianfiat!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I make it about 43. My favourite? On a really good day the Dammkar in Mittenwald is hard to beat. On a bad day it's misery! Also on a good day the Zugspitze has great powder, and you often get good days up there!
Increasingly I try to avoid the BIG resorts like St.Anton because a) there are too many powder hounds and everything gets skied out the instant the lifts open, b) there are too many people and I get fed up with constantly risking my life on the piste and c) The smaller resorts also have good variants. You just have to go out and look for them...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speaking of small places, one of my favourites last season was Pelvoux. Arrived there by mistake and only spent a day there (only 32km of piste and 6 lifts). Totally empty well-groomed slopes and friendly locals - even managed a picnic lunch in T-shirts in mid January!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Caspar, great place! But did you find the brewery belonging to Luc Alphand and his brother? Great bar and beer, loads of delicious beer-flavoured dishes in their excellent restaurant. Nice village with real atmosphere. How did you end up in Pelvoux-Vallouise?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I make it 43 in 6 countries - bit tricky though with Chamonix, Portes du Soleil etc.

My favourite is Serre Chevalier.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Formigal, Borovets, Selva, Norquay, Sunshine, Lake Louise, Cairngorm, Killington, Obergurgl, Breckenridge (I realy should ski better than I do).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
PG,
Quote:

Caspar, great place! But did you find the brewery belonging to Luc Alphand and his brother? Great bar and beer, loads of delicious beer-flavoured dishes in their excellent restaurant. Nice village with real atmosphere. How did you end up in Pelvoux-Vallouise?

A bit embarrasing really Embarassed - we were touring the Alps using a French route map which was very unclear on most areas. We were headed for Serre Chevalier and (even more embarrassing Embarassed ) did not know that the resort was formed of the four towns/villages. This resulted in us heading for where the mountain itself was named on the map - this turned out to be roughly where Pelvoux is. Luckily, it was a great mistake to make as we only had to share the village with a small party of French schoolchildren. We managed to ski Puy St Vincent on our way back out again but did not find the brewery I'm afraid as we were right up at the far end of Pelvoux. It was very quiet indeed.
Next time I go to Serre Chevalier I intend to get a guide and ski down to Pelvoux for a different route - I'm told it's a must.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Kramer wrote:
FenlandSkier, I have to ask, how?

Well.... it started off by just holding on to the back of the car with a couple of plastic boards under each foot and escalated through to the use of a length of rope and a more ski-shaped plastic plank.
I traded this risky method in for the safer option of a sledge (made to Blue Peter circa 1985 plans) and a long rope, but that came to a sticky end when we came across a gritted bit of road and wore the runners down too much. I did have a sledge-through mcdonalds as well one night, that raised a few funny looks.

The things we did when we were younger eh?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Okay, if we're counting the 3 vallees as 3 resorts and Banff as 3 resorts (Sunshine, Lake Louse and Norquay), then I've been to 9 resorts (didn't quite make it to Norquay!) (10 if you include Milton Keynes and 11 if you include our local dry slope!). Laughing

So that's Lake Louise, Sunshine, Whistler, Val Despair (+2 other valleys) , Meribel (+2 other valleys).

I called Tignes/Val d'Isere as two. Did you count Fornet as a proper resort?

Err yes. I guess I'm down to a total of 8 resorts then...although I'llput that back up to 9 since Whistler does have 2 big mountains! Very Happy
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Somewhere in the middle ground of what has been posted.
Around 50 different resorts (depending on definition) in 9 countries.
Genuinely not a single one I didn't enjoy. Serre Chevalier though is probably my favourite. Luc Alphand beer readily available in the supermarkets very reasonably priced.
Feet up on the balcony, bottle of Luc in the hand, kids playing in the background after a day on the hills and the same to come the next day, there's contentment. snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar, where do you stay in Serre Che? Have you tried the thermal baths in Monetier? It's something else to sit in a 38degree pool with snow settling on your head or looking up at the snow-covered mountains
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Caspar,
I always stay down just outside Briancon, I have always meant to go to the Monetier baths but never made it. Was in the indoor/outdoor pool in Braincon last year swimming up and down with the snow falling though. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy