Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Two weeks ago a skier from Berlin I knew well, died

Poster: A snowHead
David, that is such a wonderfully written post and my heart goes out to you. I can wholeheartedly relate to it as it echoes exactly the passing away of my own father in a hospice only a couple of years ago.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very very sorry for your loss David.
Beautifully written.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David I am sorry for your loss and thank you for writing about it so eloquently.

My Dad skied in pre-war Poland. One of my regrets in life is that I was never affluent enough before he died to take him skiing with us. 18yrs and I still miss him and my Mum.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
David, it's great that you've got such detailed - tender - memories of your youth that you can keep and call up at will to remember your father. Thank you, this is very moving. Sincerest wishes whilst you and your family are dealing with this time of passing.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David to echo what everyone else has said, thanks for that simple celebration of your father's life. I don't expect to ever read anything as genuinely moving on the internet again. I am sure he leaves a huge hole on your life. Best wishes to you and yours.

John

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 20-12-07 23:36; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
David, that was very moving. You have such wonderful memories to keep. My deepest sympathy.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David, there's nothing that I can say that hasn't already been said by others. I'm glad that you have such happy memories by which to remember your dad.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I can only say what the others have said, David: I was moved by your post and I'm so sorry for your loss.

After my father died I was so aware of the things I never said and the things I never asked him. The one good thing is that I did say, a few years before he died, that I admired him. He said "It never occured to me to say that to my father". I think fathers tend to know: they have done, and not done, the same things themselves.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As all of the above.

It's great to have such good memories though, as well as the tough times at the end.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
David, it's rough when you loose a parent. Be glad that he lived as full a life as it sounds like he did.

I lost my father last year suddenly at 63 years old. He died of a pulminary embolism as a result of a broken leg caused by a slip playing tennis.

Loosing someone is horrible, but remember the good bits. Time is also a great healer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
David Goldsmith, May He Rest In Peace.

My father finished his life in a hospice too with mesothelioma. Not nice to see a loved one go like that, but death can be a release when they are frail and in pain.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David, so sorry for your loss. I was reading your post this morning at work and could hardly stop the tears.

This spring I was skiing with my dad and my son. And I remember lace leather boots and cable bindings. So many things I can relate to.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Lovely, moving story David. Best wishes.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David, very moving, it is nice that you can remember fondly a shared passion. I am sorry for your loss.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
David Goldsmith, Thinking of you too fella. I still like to visit the places where I took my mum hiking, they always trigger a quiet tear and many happy memories. Your Dads presence in this world lives on in your enjoyment of the mountains.
snow conditions
It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his son skiing.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, .. very sorry to hear your news, but you will be in our thoughts over Christmas. Remember the 'white' days ....
snow report
Once again, thanks very much for all the very kind words. The last time my Dad really skied was about ten years ago in Stowe and Sugarbush, Vermont, after my sister (who lives in NY State) got married in Manhattan. I guess he was sliding for about 60 years, on and off.

His favourite skis of all time? I remember him raving about the short ski revolution in the mid-70s, in particular a pair of Hexcel Hexcelerators, which were made in America with aircraft-type honeycomb aluminium cores.

A useful tip he gave me in the early 1960s? Leave your leather ski boots outside the hotel bedroom door and they'll be polished for the morning!

Maybe it still works for plastic.

Anyway, here's to the future, Dad. Rest in piste.
ski holidays
David Goldsmith wrote:

Dad. Rest in piste.

Nice touch Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy