Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heads Up Display for Ski Goggles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey guys, i'm an innovator looking into creating a heads up display readout for a pair of snowboard/ski goggles.

What do you think of the idea? what kind of information would be useful? i.e stopwatch, time, altitude etc

Would it be more useful for mountainside rescuers, or would everyday leisure skiers/snowboarders also find it neat?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
arifman13, personally, I don't see the need for any info I don't already have. And I don't like having vision obscured...

Maybe for patrollers or avalanche rescue teams - if the system was capable of triangulating from several transceivers and giving direct locations that would be pretty amazing...

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 19-12-07 22:33; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Innovative concept.

But for massmarket consumers, it will be too expensive and too geeky.

I would guess under 1% of the world's riders would buy one today.

You will have to target the business and safety segments. And even that will be niche in the medium-term.

What about battery life? Battery size? Weight? Size? Durability? Reliability?

Getting a skiracer to wear it, on telly, during a professional race, would be the best way to promote the finished product.

Good luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't want any distractions there and it is hard enough to get great vis as it is.
My googles need a crystal clear lense without any scratches or smears so anything obscuring that would drive me nuts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ridiculous idea.

I also scuba dive and one of the major scuba manufacturers has recently brought out a HUD mask retailing at around £800. Even with all the stuff divers need to be aware of; such as time, depth, remaining gas etc. few people apart from gadget freaks see the need for one. I can't think of anything this would offer that could improve my skiing experience.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Let me tell you where I am. I'm out! Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
arifman13, I like the idea - but cannot see what info you would put on a HUD unless you could develop a sonar/radar based system which allowed you to see in whiteouts, or a GPS based beer location system.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a hard time figure out where in the goggle you can put the display on. So I'd say a "on-demand" display might be a better idea.

What to put on the display? I can think of the following...

- Altitude
- Speed
- Orientation (south-north, etc)
- The nearest (3?) lifts (and bar? Wink )
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy