Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier - Expensive food & drink??

Poster: A snowHead
Might be going for a short break to Verbier instead only 3/ 4 days !! Does anyone know about Verbier, is it REALLY expensive for drinks / food etc?????

Also, what is it like for snowboarders ( as in snowboard friendly) are there a lot of chair lifts etc. The last 2 years I have gone to Banff for 2 weeks but couldnt go this year Sad so have to go to Verbier for a 3- 4 day break instead!

Any tips from fellow snowheads would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mobsta007, if you want Verbier can be very expensive. OTH it can be cheaper than nasty average French resorts. Biased, moi? Wink

Snowboarding here is a little lame. Not sure the issue with chairlifts? There are some but they can be avoided...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Verbier is fine for snowboarding, loads of chairs, and not too many long flat bits or traverses. Skiers are however in the majority.
Food and drink not too bad, probably cheaper than Bournemouth, stay out of The Farm if you are on a budget.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jbob, ha ha too true about Bournemouth, they think this is the Monaco of England or something ! Thanks for your responses, just going to be looking to book a little break tomorrow, was going to leave it for a very last deal from 26th onwards but not woo sure if will get many !

Still wish I was going to Canada again this year but due to time constraints , something a little closer has to do.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mobsta007, went to Verbier last season, my first time in Switzerland for years, let alone Verbier, and I was astonished by the good value to be had. Delicious and very reasonably priced food and drink available in nice locations in town, and on the mountain - but, as jbob says, the haunts of the Taras and the Fergies of this world, such as the Farm Club, are hugely expensive. Dunno about boarding, I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thats fine, thank you very much, sounds good, I have always wanted to go to Switzserland anyway , so even for a short break it should be good. As I am only going for about 3 days would you suggest just getting the local Verbier lift pass as I am not too sure I would be able to use the other areas with the bigger pass.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mobsta007, There's certainly plenty to do locally, I don't think you'd get bored in three days on the Verbier pass, but I'd defer to others who know the place better on that one.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Get a four valleys pass as that's the key to the Mont Fort sector that opens up some of the best terrain and also the chocolate brownies at Cabane Mont Fort.

You'll be very lucky to get a deal on 3-4 days in Christmas week, if you can get anything at all.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have just left Verbier today after 5 days boarding. Boarding is fine and if you want a bit of between piste riding try Le Chaux and Savoreles (spelling)
I did not shop around for cheap drink and food but in CHF a large beer is 6.50, a simple main course is atleast 25, a steak 50 and English breakfast near the main lifts CHF 20. I did not find it cheap at all but stayed around the lively area and did not have insider kbowledge of cheap places..
For a few days I would only get the Verbier pass.
From a previou trip I recall the ride down from Mount Fort was a narrow and flatish red for the most part anyway which is not part of the Verbier pass.
Unless you are quite a confident boarder avoid the narrow flat windy run back to Medran (the main lift) - it is a real bun fight and quite shaded in the trees
Verbier is up there as one of my favourites
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, is this the narrow flattish red from Mont Fort?

Quality pic Mrs Q, cheers.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sack the pisteurs, (smilie) there is that kind of riding everywhere if you want to pop of the piste, no need to go to Mount Fort for it. Am I right in thinking that the tracks coming down to Le Chaux are from Mount Fort?.
No smilies on my Blackberry sorry
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, wink

It's a black I think, and Mrs Q is featured "On-Piste" in the piccy snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mosha Marc, Blush definitely not my best side. Now then, what do those piste poles tell us about the Mont Fort run? Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
There is a black at the very top, just above the boarder friendly drags, but what snow out there, they could piste half the region if they wanted to with the scope of mountain that can be skied or boarded and still leave shed loads of off piste.
ski holidays
Black, black and more black. A BLackadder defininition of black and my personal Bette Noir
ski holidays
halfhand,
Believe it or not I'm pretty sure it used to be a red Shocked

My experiences of the prices for food and drink of the mountain were similar to rayscoops, a bit pricier than most places I go too and a lot more so than some, great skiing though and a better overall experience and better value than many of the mega French resorts.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy