Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Trip...?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone, hope you can help, Puzzled

i was looking at going on my first boarding trip sometime during next years season,
i will be going on my own, i have done dry ski slops so i know know what i'm doing (well a little bit!!),
anyway back to my question, i was hoping you could give me a couple of ideas for places to stay, and what country they are in (for flights, etc.)

thanks in advance
MJ
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Give us a bit more info..........

Which airport can you fly from?
Hotel or self-catering?
Do you want a package or put it together yourself?
Do you have any ski brochures to look at - if not call in your local travel agent and get some it will help.
Will you want to hire a car and drive to resort if you book your own flights and hotel/apartment?
What budget have you got in mind?
When are you thinking of going?
Would you rather tag along with a group?
Is nightlife important?

Piece of string - how long? wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Give us a bit more info..........
-and here it is....

Which airport can you fly from?
-Newcastle (if possible, if not Manchester)

Hotel or self-catering?
-Hotel?

Do you want a package or put it together yourself?
-I'd guess at a package but i'm not sure what you are on about

Do you have any ski brochures to look at?
- i have looked at brouchures just the normal travel agents ones, inghams and TUI thompson

Will you want to hire a car and drive to resort if you book your own flights and hotel/apartment?
-I'll fly and get transferes from the airport

What budget have you got in mind?
-not really sure but was looking at Bulgeria, so the cheaper end of the market

When are you thinking of going?
-i was looking at going around the middle of Jan '09

Would you rather tag along with a group?
-not to fused really, would be cool, but i would really want to be the only newbie!!

Is nightlife important?
-not really

Piece of string - how long? wink
-ok i get the idea, LOL!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
me and 4 others are going to Andorra in Jan 08 for 4 nights on a DIY hol flying from liverpool 3 of them are boarders(not expert) you can jump on our trip if you want PM me if you want details snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MJ.Rabbi,
If you are price conscious the usual advice for mid Jan is to wait untill shortly before the time you wat to go and start looking on line or via teletext etc for last minute discounts as you can get some great bargains. The other thing is it lets you assess the snow conditions in the areas to get the best snow, though this season it lookspromising everywhere. You should be able to get prices a lot cheaper than the brochure prices, slight caveat is that some of the smaller regional airports do sell out and you may have to travel further to your airport.
I'm not a boarder and can't really recommend any particular resorts, but for an all round holiday experience at reasonable prices Austria is usually a pretty good bet.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Travelling on your own you might want to get a package. Resort wise Alpe D'Huez in France from Lyon or Grenoble would be my recommendation, big wide greens with a decent slope at resort level served by a big gondola so easy for first time boarders to learn. It is easy also to get to as a DIY holiday - local bus from Grenoble airport to Grenoble bus station then change on to the bus to the resort all for about ten euros, just need to book flight and hotel on the net
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh yeah, you should also post in the boarding section too
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
or if you not going till next season why not go one the PSB snowHead
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
T Bar,
thanks for the advice, it sounds like a good idea to wait till closer to going and then see where the powder is good!!

Jase2472,
thanks for the invite but i know i can't get time off work to go this season but i have been 'garenteed' time off next year, but i'm not sure when exactly!!
also what is a 'PSB'?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
its a Pre season Bash arranged through snowheads its a great week/weekend serch on here for the PSB forums to give you an idea pal its a great week to ski/board and meet like minded people snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=29225 try this link mate snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jase2472,
cheers mate, looks like it would be a great idea!!
looking forward to meeting some new people!! snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy