Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva 14th-20th Feb

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've dropped a bit of a clanger. I have booked flights to Geneva and now realise that it is slap bang in the middle of French holidays and accomadation is at a premium. Looking for something resonable within 1.5 hours of Geneva for me and my son (11 years old). Any suggestions/names of places to go and stay. France, Switzerland anywhere! Thanks, Squareman. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
squareman,

You won't do that again, will you?

But more helpfully, I hope, you might actually be lucky if the season carries on as it starts. As in you can consider stations that aren't considered "snowsure". You might want to try the Jura for example, not a great deal going on but if you have a car (may not even be needed) then there allegedly a few places worth visiting. Alternatively, some of the 2nd line French resorts may have accom - e.g. Sommand/Praz-de-Lys, Les Brasses, etc. Or base yourself somewhere 45 minutes from a whole bunch of places - i.e. down the Chamonix valley - Sallanches, Passy, Le Fayet, Cluses etc aren't (really) ski resorts but have skiing a reasonably short drive away. It'll still be busy though...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
squareman, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead and have you dropped two clangers by booking mid week - to mid week too??? That will make it doubly difficult as French accommodation, especially in those crucial weeks, is almost 100% weekend/weekend.

What kind of skiing have you done before, and what are you looking for?

If school hols not vital to you, you could probably save money overall by changing your flights.
ski holidays
 brian
brian
squareman, welcome to snowHeads. That's obviously a busy time in Switzerland as well but it shouldn't be quite as bad as France. Within an hour and a half (driving, it'll take a bit longer but is dead easy by train+bus) you could try Morgins, Champery, Verbier, Villars, Nendaz, Le Chable (for Verbier), etc.

It will still be hard to get someone to take an awkward booking but Swiss tourist offices are (ime) good at doing the work for you. So go to www.insertresortnamehere.ch and find a contact e-mail, tell them what you want and they'll mail you back with any offers they can find.

If you can stretch to 2 hours drive I could recommend you a couple of hotels in smaller Swiss resorts that would probably take a booking like that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pam w wrote:
squareman, welcome to Snowheads. snowHead and have you dropped two clangers by booking mid week - to mid week too??? That will make it doubly difficult as French accommodation, especially in those crucial weeks, is almost 100% weekend/weekend.

What kind of skiing have you done before, and what are you looking for?

If school hols not vital to you, you could probably save money overall by changing your flights.

Thanks for your reply. Have had about 20 days snowboarding and looking for anything. It is a last resort to change flights so I will exaust all avenues first
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
squareman, I've found at busy times that often the best approach is to look for somewhere slightly out of the main resorts. I know it's further than 1.5 hours, but I've stayed in Saas Grund at busy times. There is a small ski area there and the area lift pass covers the ski bus up to Saas Fee (about 10 min ride).

I'm sure there are other similar options available slightly nearer to GVA.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
squareman, welcome to Snowheads. A handy site for accommodation is www.abritel.fr, it puts you in direct contact with apartment and chalet owners, and does "promos" (ie special offers) on some of the properties.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I will second Ruth de Luge's recommendation. There are lots of French owners on there, and the French tend to book later than others (I am still getting enquiries from French people for half term) . However they are also prefer Sat-Sat bookings. Good luck. How about a trip through the Mont Blanc tunnel into Italy?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Try the Panorama in Villars, 1.5 - 2 hours by rail. Speak to Celine and see if they have any studios free. Villars is a great place for kids.

Panorama:
http://www.residencepanoramavillars.com/index.php?page=tarifs-en

Villars ski tarifs:
http://www.tele-villars-gryon.ch/tvg/pages/default.aspx?id=11

Swiss Rail: CHF40 each way for an adult.
http://www.sbb.ch/en/index.htm
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reisemarkt/billette/clickrail.htm
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy