Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lib Tech magnetraction

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As someone still near the beginning of my snowboarding journey, I'm always thinking of my first 'serious' board. I'm on my learner board at the moment, which is doing me fine, but I'm thinking by the end of the season I'll have pushed it to the limit, for the following reasons:
  • it has a tendency to wash out at the tail when I push it hard, as although it's a 167 I think there's simply too much force coming down to hold an edge, especially in sketchier conditions
  • it doesn't have as much pop as I'd like
  • I want a faster board which doesn't start to jitter at higher speeds
  • I want a board which can absorb 18 stone of me landing at high speed a bit more than my current ride

So for the following reasons, much dreaming and research has led me to believe that this is the ultimate board for me, as a bigger-than-average boarder hoping to focus mostly on freeriding:
http://www.lib-tech.com/snowboards/skunkApe.html

Obviously I'll try to test it before I splash the cash, and I'll hope to pick it up on location in N. America as it costs the same in dollars as it does in £ (as does everything). I'm thinking the 180 for me, probably.

So, my question is this:

Has anyone ridden a board with Magnetraction, and if so what did you think?

My second question is: any other thoughts on this board or possible alternatives?[/list]
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mr Lizzard has one. He loves it so much I virtually have to evict it from the bed at night, says he will never ride anything else again.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Lizzard. Specifically the Skunk Ape or another board with MTX?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Lizzard, please re-read what you posted there, you have left yourself slightly open to interpretation (no smilies on this thing but a wink is warranted)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy