Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report Mon 17th Dec 2007

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Oops?
The heavy snow in Europe has given way to blue skies with the result that snowHeads has been swamped with reports of deserted resorts filled with 'Perfect Powder'. And although snow-forecast.com suggests the best is to be found in France this week, it's got to be said that the not inconsiderable excitement of the FrancoHead reports still seems to be slightly outdone by those coming at us from Austria. Although we have had loads of good photos in from Fance this week...
Meanwhile the East Coast of the US has been hit by an ice storm and heavy winds which even derailed a gondola, stranding 75 skiers at Loon Mountain ski area in New Hampshire.

I'm afraid this week's snow report is a little more succinct than usual (for logistical reasons) but as usual the snow reports forum is buzzing with activity all week.
If you're going away for Christmas have a wonderfull time (and be a good snowElf and drop us a word about how it's going out there )

France.

On the spot reports from:

Avoriaz - great snow on piste

Chamonix, Les Houches - Video
Val d' Isere - some ice on piste, variable conditions off piste.
La Rosiere - pretty good off piste, excellent on piste
Les Arcs - It was even possible to ski down to Bourg St Maurice (800m) until the end of last week.
Les Deux Alpes - snow holding up well, but very cold.
Serre Chevallier - Good conditions on and off piste.
Tignes - good snow, very cold
3valleys - good on piste, beginning to get tracked out off piste

Pyrenees Overview

Val Thorens this week

some of the last remnants of powder in Les Deux Alpes

Austria
snow clearing in Austria

overview - great reports all round

Ski welt great conditions

St Anton - good off piste

Austria

Powder in Vallais

Switzerland
Zermatt
Flumserberg - great snow and conditions.
Gstaad - very cold but good snow.
Laax - great skiing
Verbier - still good on piste, but unsurprisingly tracked out off piste
Tales of smiles and powder from Anniviers

North America
We've had surprisingly little news from the US this week (what are they hiding? wink ).
However, East coast of Canada and NE US have been suffering a pretty serious Storm with up to 50inches of snow disrupting services almost as badly as when the UK gets 3 snowflakes in a row.

(What's an Ice Storm?)

Canada
Whistler - lots of new snow

Whistler

Japan
Mike Pow PM'd weatherHead from Niseko, Japan: For the week of 11 December through to 17 December we've had 79 cm of pow at village level (300m) for a season total so far of 3.9m
Waist deep and deeper.
Snow forecast for the next 4 days.

Thanks as usual to everyone posting in snow reports and trips for your invaluable input.

Please post your reports to snow reports, PM them to weatherHead or email them to snowReports@snowHeads.com
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Well done weatherHead, yet another excellent report.

I note you keep forgetting to mention my local slopes.

Any news of Primrose Hill?

And any forecasts for Christmas?

(Photo from Primrose Hill Interiors)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I hardly like to mention it when the round-up is so well done, but Flumserberg is in Switzerland

<gets>
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
eng_ch, you got there before me...

Just to add, there's been a dusting of new snow in Fernie according to PhotoTim Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Excellent email. snowHead

Had a message from Phil Pugilese who was at the Stowe ESA at the weekend, reporting 2-3ft of snow on Saturday/Sunday.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy