Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Piste opening in low season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Last year (in Pas de la Casa) for the 1st time I experienced an area not being open as there was not much snow. We couldn't ski more than Pas and as far as Grau Roig. (This was Jan 27th -Feb 5th). The link to Soldeu was shut.
Now if there were no snow I'd accept that but the only thing stopping the whole area being open was 1 small little slope covered with cannons which they could have run.
Of course the whole area opened the following week (despite no more snow) as it was the French hols.
My point is we paid the full pass price and if they'd kept the whole area shut I'd not have a complaint but we were in effect treated to a restricted area for no reason.
Is this commonplace (in bad snow years) and is it acceptable?
Discuss! snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would be very cross if I thought pistes had been shut purely because of it being low season. If there was really no snow though, and if it wasn't cold enough to have made artificial snow (which was the case much of last season) I suppose you just have to accept it. Some parts of our area, the Espace Diamant, were closed because of inadequate snow on some low links. Having skied some of them just before they were closed I wouldn't quarrel with that decision - they were grim. Luck of the draw. However, because of the poor value they felt season pass holders had last year, we have been given an 8% discount this year, which has probably created a lot of goodwill. Though ironically, Les Saisies, because of its excellent snow (albeit top is only a tad over 2000m) made 9% more income on passes last season than in the very snowy 2005/6, obviously at the expense of other resorts in the area.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It happens all the time. Col des Ves in Tignes has only opened for a couple of days in the times I've been there to keep the snow in good quality for the days it *does* open, i.e. the weekends when the hordes flood in
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w,

How many Km are there in the Espace Daimant? And what villages does it cover. Crest Voland will always remain special to me
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Serre Chevalier has offered a snow guarantee this winter.

Quote:
Conditions de remboursement :

Offre valable du 22/12/07 au 05/04/08 sur les séjours « tout compris » réservés auprès de Serre Chevalier Réservation :
www.serrechevalier-reservation.com
+33 (0)4 92 24 98 80

La station de Serre Chevalier vous garantit au moins 75 % des pistes* du domaine skiable ouvert durant votre séjour (*pistes commerciales, hors chemins de liaisons et stades d’entrainement et de compétition).
Si, lors de votre séjour, ce chiffre n’est pas atteint et que vous décidez de quitter la station (vous rendez vos clés et vos forfaits), nous nous engageons à vous rembourser votre séjour « tout compris » au prorata des jours restants.
Exemple : si le domaine skiable est au 5ème jour ouvert à moins de 75 % et que votre séjour est de 7 jours, 2 jours vous seront remboursés. Sont exclus les cas d’intempéries, tempêtes, fortes chutes de neige.

Basically a refund if less than 75% of the area is open,( excluding links, training pistes, and for competition). Remaining portion of you pass if refunded if you decide to curtail your holiday. This only applies though to accommodation and lift passes booked directly through the tourist office.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You'd have to be fairly desperate to quit the place and give back the keys, part way through a week though? Even without all the pistes open, there would still be plenty of skiing for most people. So I don't suppose they get many takers. johnboy, http://www.ski-espacediamant.com/ 185km of pistes, linking Les Saisies, Crest Voland, Notre Dame de Bellecombe, Flumet and Praz sur Arly. 2 new detachable chairs this season - it's all go. Lots of chalet and apartment building going on too, especially down in the Arly Valley. So much for the "flight to height".
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy