Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Balkans

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello all you fellow snowheaders
I shall be flying to Maribor, Slovenia and then have another two and a half weeks in the Balkans.
I intend to check out Maribor and the resorts around Sarajevo. Possibly also the ski resorts that exist in Montenegro, Serbia and Kosovo (yes Kosovo!)

Ta v much
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hope you have a great time, it sounds like it will be a fun trip. The only bit of advice I would give though is ask about resorts of Kosovo before you go. We have had a few Macedonians stay with us over the last few years and they have told us that although they have some great ski resorts they remain closed as they still have a problem with land mines. Not sure if this is also true of Kosovo, but worth checking!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,

I'd head to Jahorina in the Serbian part of Bosnia its the largest resort around the Sarajevo area.Infact iam thinking about booking myself for March, as i've found a small travel Company that has just started to do it. Seems safe now no land mines which helps Very Happy .

The hotel Termag 4 star & hotel Kristal 3 star are both in the brochure, so i'd gues they were safe bets for accommodation.

Some vids from youtube doesn't look like they suffered much with lack of snow last season.

http://youtube.com/v/MykHzIuM37Q

http://youtube.com/v/ln0BtnCnZpE

Kopaonik serbia also, in most brochures now so must be problem free.

If you get there before me please let me know how you went on.

hope that helps,cheers.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CardyHill sledging club, Kosovo's resort of Brezovica is mine free. Its perculiar in that it is the only Serb majority area in Kosovo south of Mitrovica. Its a good spot with nice long mostly red runs above the tree line. Kosovo however is due to declare independence from Serbia soon. Probably mid Feb and its not the wisest thing to be in a Serb enclave when they do so.

mcfcPaul, Jahorina is great. Small enough but a solid enough mountain to buzz around for a few days. Biggest drawback are the 25 year old lifts. On a mid week day head over to the other Sarajevo resort of Bjelesnica. Its awkward to get at by public transport but a taxi should take you there and back for around €50 - 60. I say mid week as it will be fairly deserted and you can do the 1984 olympic downhill run in solitude, its the best run in the Balkans.

Only two resorts in the Balkans have mine issues still; Igman and Vlasic in Bosnia. All of the pistes are clear but beyond the tree line is not 100% certified clear, although its been years since there was any incidents and thats despite the locals trekiing and hiking in the woods in the summer.

The fullest site for ex-Yugo skiing info is www.skijanje.co.yu although the site is in Serbo/Croat you can see the pistes maps and the prices.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
Kosovo's resort of Brezovica is mine free

Bring a new dimension to the risks in skiing. Ain't avalanche not enough?

Does this means skiing on hard packed ice is preferred to the knee-deep power?

Quote:
is due to declare independence from Serbia soon. Probably mid Feb and its not the wisest thing to be in a Serb enclave when they do so.

So may be more crowded than a mid term school break in France.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I went to Kopaonik last year with Crystal and had a great time. There were a couple of runs closed due to the possibility of cluster bombs still on the area, but im led to believe that they've had sheep on it all summer and not one of them have gone bang, so thay are now ok!!!!! Shocked

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Tue 18-12-07 23:05; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
no_snow_in_swindon, Comforting thought and cheaper than a few sappers!!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Here is a recent article on Kosovo's Brezovica from the NYT.
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/19/world/europe/19kosovo.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kerekip,

Reading your link makes feel I might need to do the James Bond things to aoid the firing bullets when skiing in the Balkans.

What the world has come to? I recently was accompanied by a guard holding a machine gun whenever I go while working in Nigeria. Now going on holiday and fancy skiing with an instructor with a rifle on his/her back all the time too? or worrying about getting shot for accidentally showing off a ski pass issued by a Serbian resort while eating lunch in a Albanian-owned restaurant.

This is not the definition of extreme skiing I hope.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy