Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

christmas and new year in soldeu

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
going to andorra for the first time this christmas, and suggestions, bars, restaurants etc
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your there for two weeks try them all. I was there last new year and tried plenty of bars touble is i can't remember their names.
As for restaurants couldn't find one that opened between 12 and 2 which as far as i know is dinner time. Oh and it was a blizzard all week they closed the lifts loads of times because of the strong winds.
But apart from that our ski school class won the best class competition and a good time was had by all. If your thinking of buying ski/board stuff buy it there its as cheap as chips. Enjoy Fella
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowheads Terry. Soldeu is only 200 metres long and the majority of bars on the the main street. All are good. Ski gear much cheaper than at home. I saved £100 on a pair of boots. Pubs - try Picadilly, Iceberg but especially Fat Alberts just after the lifts close - Fantastic.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Terry
We were there this year for our first skiing trip and have already booked for Feb next year) snowHead
there is a small italian next to the Piolet (think it is actually in the Piolets building) that was ok, though nothing special, despite having had good reviews.

Some of the gang went for a mexican which they said wasn't too bad, with lots to eat.
Again in the same block as the Piolets there is a small bar which was very friendly and lively most nights. Can't remember the name, think it was the iceberg

where are you staying?
hope this helps, Rob
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
terry, Welcome...it's a while since i've been but the bar in the Piolets was great for a quick after ski beer...it's square shape so hop up on a bar stool and there's a great atmosphere.

When I was there food was pretty run of the mill everywhere..Andorra's not renowned for gourmet cooking! If you don't mind bussing there and a taxi ride back, there used to be a fantastic restaurant called El Crocodillo down in Encamp.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

andorra for the first time this christmas, and suggestions

Just don't?!?!?!

Sorry. Am biased (as already said elsewhere). But if you must, and you're going to Soldeu, then AD and Paul Mason's right. The town ain't huge and you'll find everything very quickly. Didn't notice that any one skishop/restaurant/pub was better/worse the others. Ski equipment & booze is cheap as chips.

I recall only one "mountain restuarant" (wasn't looking) - at the first gondola station. Good vin chaud at the bar. Food was self service.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There loads of good restaurants between Soldeu and Pas in the Grau Roig area, cant remember the name of the piste- I will have a look, but its a red one - and has a gorgeous restaurant next to a mini lake thing! Was ace when we were there - and quite quiet!

Go to Caldea , in Andorra La Vella- biggest hydrospa in Europe- absolutely heavenly! I spent 3 hours in there on the last day of our holiday soaking away the aches! You must go - even if its just to sit out in the bubble bed thingeys and look up at the mountains! beautiful!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I've spent alot of time in Soldeu and love the place. If you want a nice meal at xmas try Snails & Quails in Bordes D'Envalira on the main road towards Pas De La Casa. It's a mile out of town but worth a taxi ride. If it's quality you're after then there's also a great little place halfway between Soldeu and El Tarter on the main road on the opposite side to the petrol station. In town your best bet is probably the restaurant under Fat Albert's.

New Year Eve's a blast too, Aspen, Avalanche and Fatties will all be buzzing as midnight approaches....

Have fun!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Welcome to snowHeads, jsmb and terry snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy