Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any Thoughts on Leogang??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have anything to say about Leogang. The hotel I am looking at, The Arenahotel Riederalm, is slightly outside the resort but according to the travel agents description it is close to the main lifts and kids park. Always the cynic, I would like some reviews as I am slow to trust the salespeople.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BarryOS, can't help you there squire, but skied over there last year when we were staying in saalbach, nice little area, and easy access to the rest of the ski circus area.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We stayed in the Hotel Salzburgerhof which is directly opposite the gondolla in Leogang. The Arenahotel Riederalm looks like it is also near to the lift. If you got to http://intermaps.feratel.com/citymaps/saalfelden/flash/ and zoom in at the end of the Asitz lift (near to where it says hutten to the left of Leogang) then you should be able to find the Arenahotel Riederalm.

It's very quiet in Leogang from a nightlife point of view (I think there is just the one bar - I might be wrong) but the run down the mountain into Leogang is a lovely long cruisy blue.

We skiid across to Saalbach most days and last March the best of the snow was at the Leogang end. The slope is mostly north facing.

We were more than happy to ski all day, have a couple of pints near the ski school and then head back to the Hotel for the rest of the evening. If that's your bag then go for it. Otherwise Saalbach and Hinterglem probably has a lot more to offer but is usualy more expensive to stay there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
BarryOS, Stayed there two years ago, very quiet! Only 2 or 3 places to eat and drink so if you're after evening entertainment forget it. Bar at the end of the home run is good fun tho' for immediate Apres ski.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BarryOS, Stayed there years ago in one of the few catered chalets we have found in Austria; about ten minutes walk to the main lift. Very quite but pretty and it snowed a lot (so it is always going to be well thought of in our house). Can only remember on bar.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy