Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler lift pass prices

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Are they any cheaper to buy in resort? Any recommendation where/when to buy?

The travel agent is pushing us to pre-book them, saying they're cheaper if we buy through them. Comparing them to the on line prices direct with Whistler, the agent is about £10 cheaper on a £250 ticket.

Prices seem quite steep compared with France.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lower, when are you going, and for how long?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
5th Feb to the 10th Feb. We'll be looking for 7 or 8 day passes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They do discounts if you're getting a season pass and buy it before a certain date in November (or there abouts) or if you get your accommodation through a company such as allura-direct (who rent out accommodation).

I always buy tickets online and pick them up when I get there, unless the canadian dollar is taking a nose dive of course, in which case it'd be better to buy the ticket when you get there.

You have to queue whichever way you do it, unless you have a nice tour operator to pick up the tickets for you. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I swear 5th to the 10th is 6 days. Puzzled
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This may give you some comparison as to whether you are getting a decent deal offered to you

Allura had a better deal (which expired mid November) but this is their current deal

http://www.alluradirect.com/whistler-lift-tickets.cfm

Alternatively Perimeter (who run the bus from Vancouver to Whistler) also do a deal as follows

http://www.perimeterbus.com/liftrates.html

If you already have accomodation and your transfers booked (and thus cant use either of these deals) try the online purchase from the Whistler Blackcomb website here

http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/reservations/Whistler-Blackcomb-Lift-Tickets/mg_41/v_1469/b_627/Adult-Lift-Ticket.detail
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
I swear 5th to the 10th is 6 days. Puzzled

Embarassed

i meant 5 to the 15th. Smile
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looks like i can get a marginally better deal though ski safari than i can through any of the above links.

Thanks for your help.

Whistler lift tickets are just more pricey than i'm used to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lower, the trick is to go for longer or go off peak and buy the tickets early. We got our 15 day season passes (Early Bird prices right enough so we bought them early October) for $760 CAD. When the 15 days are used up the pass converts to Edge Card prices so still cheaper than the window price. We've also just come back from a week with Ski Independence and they priced the 5 day pass at £108 and the 6 day one at £134. There was an early purchase deal that had a cut off date of Nov 15th in order to get those ticket prices.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am going for new year and have booked an apartment. The lady who owns the apartment said that it is cheaper and more flexible to get them from 7 eleven, because if you buy one of those 6 in 10 passes you are tied to the dates on the pass, but these can be used at any time in the season so if we don't use them she is going to buy them back so i suppose you could sell them to someone else. (They are cheaper for us because we are going at new year which is mega expensive). They work out about $12 less per day than the discount allura price and are flexible.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
if you come via Vancouver with some time in the city, go to a 7 - 11 and pick up some tickets there, they save you a few bucks. also you can pick them up at Squamish 7 - 11. otherwise the multi-day passes are your only option. last year they had tickets where you had say 7 out of 10 days, so for the 10 days after you bought the ticket, you could use it on any 7 of them. i just checked the website, and the wording appears to be a different ticket system, ie 7 days straight. i will look into this and get back to this thread.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its free tomorrow if anyone's interested, theres a catch though.....

Dress like Santa on Saturday, December 22 and ski for free!
Check in with Guest Relations for details
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
thanks for all the input to this thread. I'm still watching it with interest!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy