Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

boots for skinny feet

Poster: A snowHead
I'm moving to the darkside and have decided to have a go at skiing. I'm going to buy a pair of boots as opposed to renting as I'm used to my comfy boarding boots and am not looking forward to hours of hell in dodgy rental boots...

Anyway I've got quite skinny feet for a bloke so need a little advice on what boot manufacturers I should be short listing. My local ski store had me in a pair of salomon Mission 10's and Fischer MX Pr0 75's, the Fischers were just too tight and the Salomons a little roomy. Any guidance to continue my search would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ac505, welcome to snowheads Toofy Grin

if you have a slim foot the salomon mission is probably the last boot i would be looking at, it is 102mm wide [in size 26/26.5] so is one of the wider boots on the market.... depending on how slim your foot is there are a number of boots which may work, the major problems is that most of the slim fitting boots are at the top end of the performance spectrum, the old raichle flexon [now full tilt bumble bee] is about the slimest thing out there which is not a race oreientated boot... i know this is not a definative answer but without the offending feet in front of me it is difficult to comment

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 23-04-08 9:42; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ac505, I propose that you get yourself to a professional for an assessment... can recommend CEM if you live anywhere near Bicester Smile I'm skinny-of-foot too although I didn't know it!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks, I'm in Glasgow so a little bit too far away from CEM! Good guess on the size though, I was trying on size 26 boots.
I would rather but boots here and bed them in before I go on holiday but obviously my choice of boots is going to be far bigger and more likely cheaper also when I go to Canada.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too have skinny feet, so I went to Lockwoods to be fitted - I ended up with a pair of Lange Freerides - they were a higher performance boot than I really needed, apparently they are on a race mould, but softer shell. They fit me really nice and snug, and I'll just have to improve to match the boots!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
RobinS, that's exactly what I was fitted with too Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ac505, Salomon Falcon.

CEM, Wakey Wakey. Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My daughter was recommended Nordica in general for her skinny feet Confused She doesnt find them very comnfortable though Confused
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, and that too... but definately not the mission Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Another mention for the Raichle (flexon comp). I have thin feet and they were recommended to me a few years ago. Sadly mine is in shocking pink (with yellow trim), but apart from that excellent in all respects.

I thought that Raichle might have died and gone to heaven - if they haven't, perhaps I could be tempted back into boot purchasing.

Are the Lange and Raichle boots related in any way ?

d
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pendodave, no relationship between lange and raichle, the raichle molds have been bought by a canadian company called full tilt, they have jazzed up the boot a little and it is back on sale
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks for that CEM. Mind you, you'd have thought that after all this time they would have done something a bit more exciting with the colours (though it is an improvement on pink).

I had no idea that the boots I wear are (allegedly) so legendary. I suspect that I am not worthy...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pendodave, the flexon is loved by the freeride/freestyle guys as the flex is so progressive and smooth, in the days of the original version skiers on this boot won more downhill and super G medals than any other
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ac505, I too am blessed with skinny feet (width & depth, if you know what i mean) and found the Salomon Falcon 10 a happy match - like slippers... Snow+Rock had tham at 20% off last April which made them about £180 - decent value
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have the same problem as you - tried Salomon but they were way too roomy. My foot was rotating even with the bindings tightened fully. Eventually found a pair of Lange boots (forget which model) when I was in france. Perfect! Got some footbeds moulded for them for free and I've been happy ever since. The guy in the store said that lange have 3 width fittings so that might be something to look into?
snow report
lange have 5 if not 6 differnet widths from 95mm to 104mm they don't make the same boot in several widths though[ except the likes of the world cup boot in 95mm and 98mm, the 98 is not the full race version, but these are all stiff in flex
the full tilt is about the most user friendly of the very narrow boots
ski holidays
tecnica have always worked for me . I also suffer from skinny feet -
snow conditions
torico, Seems you know lots about bikes. Toofy Grin wink
ski holidays
I found Rossi boots to be fairly narrow fitting.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Tut tut Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

torico, Seems you know lots about bikes.

well I try!
Love of the mountains is where it starts, skis and bikes are a great way to enjoy them.
Going fast downhill is whats its all about
snow report
Okay, here's an update. I've tried the Salo Falcon and the heel fit is perfect but the fit towards the front makes the underside of my foot go numb after half an hour or so they are a little too tight. Realistically how much stretching can be done on a pair of boots, or should I try a different boot, I hear the Xwave has the same heel pocket but is wider towards the front..
ski holidays
ac505, lots of stretching can be done, assuming the shell fit is good, i would expect a boot like that to send your feet a little tingly at first, may be too muc pressure in width or from above the foot, what footbed did you try them with, if none try with at least a trim to fit to help put your foot in a better position
snow conditions
Hi CEM. I have a new pair of moulded foorbeds mads up to fit these boots. They certainly make my foor sit higher than the conformables I put in the Falcons originally. There is no real noticable pain from the top of my foot or the arch, the tingling I experience ca be best described as coming from inbetween the 1st and 2nd metatarcal. The same tingling was experienced with the other foot beds also so I'll rule them out for the moment. I am thinking this is a width issue as if my feet are being restricted width wise. I think a decent stretch will do the trick just wanted a little feedback before I go down this route.
ski holidays
ac505, sounds about right, it may be worth having a few runs in the boot at xscape before having them stretched, when you asre moving the blood will pump around your body more vigorously, when you stand around in your boots the blood will pool in the feet and can cause problems like this...may still need a the stretch but worth trying first..... BTW has the liner been heat moulded and if so did they put foam toe caps on to push the materials away from your foot and stretch the liner a bit in the process [if not i would reheat the liner first and pad the foot]
snow report
Yes, they've been heated, but no not with any additional padding. I'll give this a go. Thakns for the help.
ski holidays
ac505, where in Canada are you going?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy