Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Smelly boots- how to de-odourise

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

My boots are about 5 seasons old now, but have only been used for one week each season Sad

They're a bit wiffy, even though i always take the liners out to dry them after each week and store them in our room each night or on boot warmers.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to get rid of the 'wet sock' type smell they seem to have acquired. Or should i just use that as an excuse to buy new Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lower, Oh yes please, mine smell awful, it's an embarassment giving them to the bloke in the ski hire place. Embarassed
Just bought new gloves because my gloves are wiffy too. I do wash, honest
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lower, We use Febreze Fabric Freshner which seems to work OK.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bicarbont of soda in a plastic cup will kill the smell, Just leave it in the boots when you are not using them Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
or Scholl foot care do an aerosol product available from Boots which seems to deodourize quite well.
Others will be along soon to deliver sermons on washing feet 3 times a day and putting on clean fresh socks after each run wink snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Clean fresh socks might well be the cause. I've only got a couple of pairs of proper ski socks, and they get interchanged with hand washing each day. But by the end of the week they've each been worn 3 times and even with handwashing are a touch wiffy.

I'll try all of the above.

What do you do with the fabric freshener? Pour it into the boots?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lower, You can spray in in as a thin mist, lots of hire shops have it so you could use that if you are hiring skis anyway.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
lower, try searching "smelly boots" - there are lots of threads on this topic.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I did try searching on smelly boots, but i just seemed to get every post with the word 'boots' in Sad

I'm not so worried about the hire shop aspect as i have my own skis, just my fiance Smile

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Mon 17-12-07 13:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lower, To avoid that Click the 'Search all terms' box Confused
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
:thumbup:
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
All the above seem to work okay - tried 'em after I posted a similar question a while back. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Drink more water ! I know this sounds a bit silly but i find that if i'm not hydrayed my sweat is quite smelly . If i drink plenty it smells of flowers (well not quite)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I found a squirt or two of dettol inside the liners every so often seems to work... Did it once every couple of weeks last season and they seem to be pretty fresh. Doesn't seem to have had any negative effects on the foam - just gave it a little squirt, enough to cover all the interior but not enough to saturate the material. Kill the bacteria = kill the smell. Also a little bit of the stuff seems to stick around preventing the stench coming back.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy