Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Well ive heard a few good things about Whistler's Nighlife and apres ski, and i basically want to know how good it actually is!! Is it on par with St Anton and Iscghl? And what sort of people go there?

Thanks for all input!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
That's a difficult question to answer because I've never been to St Anton and Iscghl...

Whistler's a reasonable sized town though and contains lots of pubs and nightclubs. They have clubs for the youngsters and clubs for the oldsters.

The town is swamped with all sorts of people - families who obviously retire early and others who party all night (and some who use the local police cells to sleep it off overnight). wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Whistler rocks.

Whatever apres you like Whislter has it, lively, quiet, cheap, elegant.

Go you wont be dissapointed.

The people - well Canadians IMO are cool, not to much in your face but really freindly and helpful, Whistler is an international resort with all nationalities, Brits, Americans, Aussies, Japanese...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
My favourite resort!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Liam wrote:
Whistler is an international resort with all nationalities, Brits, Americans, Aussies, Japanese...

They have Canadians in Whistler? I thought it was an Australian resort! wink

Ever been to Whistler on Australia Day? You can't move for fear of interrupting a cricket match... not that they like to take an cricketing advice from the brits! I can't see why not. We're _clearly_ better at the sport! wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowy, themz words are fightin words!! Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Snowy, Yeah we were there 2 seasons back on Oz Day - on the way to the lifts first thing in the morning we passed a queue of Aussies about 100yds long waiting to get into the pub (Longhorn?). At the end of the day they were falling out of the marquee!! Funny sight.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowy wrote:
Liam wrote:
Whistler is an international resort with all nationalities, Brits, Americans, Aussies, Japanese...

They have Canadians in Whistler? I thought it was an Australian resort! wink

I was in fear of being ribbed for spotting the obvious wink

I do recall someone mentioning that out of the seasonnaire staff 70% of them are aussies!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes, drinking in the Longhorn seems to be the things to do on Australia day. I don't know what time they start drinking in there Billy M, but it seems to before the lifts open... which admittedly is very impressive. Laughing

And then many the aussie lifties like to wear bikinis with their snowboots, male and female alike...brrr! Shocked

A funny sort, Australians are! wink Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
St.A apres is probably better than Whistlers having experienced both, but they are both good but different, if that makes sense.

was in Whistler last year on Aussy day, queue to the Longhorn was really long as we walked through the village. Longhorn opened at 7am I believe. It seemed such a shame that most of em were missing some great skiing Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I made the mistake of using the toilets in the Longhorn on Aussie day a year or so ago prior to a day on the slopes, it was all going well until I was forced into speaking to some of my Aussie urinal buddies who were already pissed by 8am at which point I was clearly identified as a Pommie - oh dear!! rolling eyes snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stuarth, durh! Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
geetee wrote:
stuarth, durh! Laughing

durh indeed!! rolling eyes snowHead
How was your Whistler trip?
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Whistler is THE party place, no matter who you are, i am sure you will find some nightlife to satisfy your desires. plus the skiing rocks, especially at the moment
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stuarth wrote:

Terrible. You didn't miss a thing. And ignore the snow reports - they're pure fiction. Little Angel Those photos that hels_t posted are actually from last season.
latest report
geetee wrote:
stuarth wrote:

Terrible. You didn't miss a thing. And ignore the snow reports - they're pure fiction. Little Angel Those photos that hels_t posted are actually from last season.

Evil or Very Mad wink
latest report
stuarth, don't listen to a word geetee says! She's only saying it because I can't go skiing this winter and doesn't want me to think I'm missing out.

I bet it was awesome. Very Happy

Did you do a Dave Murray camp geetee?

When are you going back to Whistler?

In keeping with this thread, how was the nightlife? Are you old enough to go to Buffalo Bills yet to party with oldies or do you have another decade or so to go until the bouncers let you in? wink Laughing
(Buffalo Bills being the choice of late night venue for the more 'mature' people, davealsolh).
latest report
No, i am able to party with the oldies being 21. However, i would like some people around my age!
snow report
davealsolh, don't worry - there are many more clubs for the youngsters who like to party all night and hang out in the snowboard parks all day. wink

In fact, Whistler always seems to be staffed out by young, beautiful people... You don't see many grumpy, leathery old people manning the lifts like you do in France - probably something to do with French trade unions and it being difficult to lay off people in France... Shocked
snow report
Without meaning to offend any Whistler fans, and I love the skiing, have been there six times and am returning on the 12th Jan, Whistler nightlife is rather lame. I've had NY there and it was laughable, the centre of Whistler was alcohol free and you could only enter bars from the rear door.
ski holidays
Snowy, we did an Extremely instead of a Murray Camp last week but we did crash the MC apres on Wednesday to say hello. The Belgian was in town too so caught up with him (he tried to make us sick again Evil or Very Mad Laughing and we've all got colds but are now nearly over the jetlag)

We're back on 12th January and the snow will probably have all gone by then wink
latest report
flicksta, I don't think NY in Whistler is a great event because it's so controlled and they've really clamped down in recent years. You're probably better off finding a club for NY, if that's your thing, and staying there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy