Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski resorts by train

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
An article on various train options to the slopes. Downside is often a Friday departure, meaning an extra day off work. Costs seem to vary.

Switzerland looks attractive - Saturday departures.

Article is based on London departures, so provincials need read no further:-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2007/dec/16/skiing.snowboarding
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, you can go by train to the alps on any day of the week you like.
It is true there are a couple of seemingly convenient trains that go out on Fridays and Saturdays (Rail Europe Snow Train and Eurostar's Ski Train), but you don't have to go on these. Indeed you can do it cheaper and better if you don't.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jonpim, True. I have only done it on a Saturday - direct run from Waterloo on the Eurostar (good but not cheap).

Sauze looks like a cheap trip in the article.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes, Latchigo, I have heard good reports of the Day Eurostar Ski Train.
And £149 is not really a bad fare - best fare i can get for same journey but changing in Paris is £111.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jonpim, you're comparison isn't quite accurate as you're putting the Eurostar day-train against the cost of an overnight sleeper service from Paris.
The cheapest combo of Eurostar + day-time TGV comes out at about £92

Nevertheless, £149 for the convenience of one train all the way isn't too bad, as you say.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Latchigo wrote:
An article on various train options to the slopes.

Very limited, must have taken him all of 30 minutes on Google. Still just be thankful Vaujany no longer has a nearby railhead.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you put in a bit of work and are pretty flexible with times, you can upgrade to 1st class very reasonably and I think it is worth it on shedulued TGV. As the Paris hop is just over 2 hrs ( for me ) I don't bother with it there....

I think the train is a very good way to travel and only a car kitted out for the mountains beats it....sometimes, IMV. The plane is becoming more and more hassle
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy