Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

PYRENEES snow report 2007/08

Poster: A snowHead
skisimon, Where in Soldeu are you staying? I'll probably be up Monday afternoon.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Already snowing hard in ALL Pyrenees.

What a nice pic:

Snowing now in eastern side until 1000m, but this afternoon it tends to rise up to 1600-1800m from W to S, when the precipitation will disapear... So really good news for all high resort.

And more because now is promotional season, no people, no queues, good sunbathing, and really cheap. Can found promotions for andorra like this: 2 days lift tickets+1night 1/2pension in a 3*** hotel=70€ Shocked Shocked Shocked What more do you want?? wink wink wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Dypcdiver, Sport Hotel. We'll have to meet up for a drink. snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
So much snow.................

I have spent most of the morning in Peyragudes with the snow falling really hard and little or no visibility. Even though the piste bashers had been out there was at least 5cm of new stuff on top in the first hour with what looked like 40cm of powder on the up-pisted runs. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

It was getting a little heavier at resort level but still falling as snow. The forecast was for temps to rise this afternoon but oddly enough it was even snowing in Luchon (630m).
Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skisimon, Is 19:30 Tuesday in the Sport bar OK? just incase I don't quite make it on the Monday.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Pics from Cerler past Monday:

More here:
http://www.nevasport.com/reportajes/articulos_detalle.php?id_articulos=929
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
metalhead132, Cool Cool Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dypcdiver, Tuesday sounds good. Any chance of making it 2000, I'm doing a course and I'm not 100% how long the post-skiing sessions will last. I'll be wearing a Hawaiin shirt...
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, No problem I'll just wait until you emerge from the bowels of the Sport, what is it BASI or CSIA? Not too sure if the Hawaiian shirt will be acceptable to either Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dypcdiver, CSCF (coach).

Everyone, Good news from Soldeu! It was snowing when I crossed the road after dinner (not all that long ago). It was getting cold, and the direction the clouds were coming from was supposed to be a good sign (so I was told).

Anyway. Snow today wasn't too bad. A little patchy on a couple of runs lower down, but generally quite good. The snow stayed fairly good at the top pretty much all day, just going a little soft as you approached the mid-stations. Wet and sticky down low, but not quite to the point of being slushy.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I skied in Arcalis the 2days. Tons of snow, really have a good snowcover and you can ski wherever you want, do jumps with a good reception, nice to see this amount of snow finally!!! The quality isn't bad at all, because in my opinion all soft stuff is nice to ski, but total spring conditions. Friday night rain up to 2300, and with the sun and warm conditions, finally we have a consolidate base.

Now snowing really hard in Andorra and catalan pyrenees, maybe with tomorrow we can receive 30-50cm of new snow... The people who can ski tomorrow and Tuesday will found amazing conditions.

Th bad point in Arcalis is that Creussans Area (nice freeride spot and couloirs) is closed, they say that is due avalanche danger, but I think that this zone will be closed to the end of the season because they don't piste the run and no signs of working....... Sad Sad Sad On Thursday-friday slab avalanche activity, yesterday we saw in S faces some little purges in steep couloirs, but today no signs of avanlanche activity and the snow seems consolidate.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Throwing down in the Central Pyrenees with 30cm of new snow at Baqueira, 15cm at Peyragudes and it just keeps on coming. Its actually falling as heavy wet snow at 630 metres so tomorrow we can expect excellent conditions with buckets of powder. The crazy thing is that Superbagneres closed yesterday with fantastic snow across the resort with tons of new powder to play in (if you like walking that is).

The new ski's may just get their first outing tomorrow.........
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowiest ski resort in Pyrenées, Cauterets, reports240cm in the base (1700m) and 330cm on top (2450m) in the amazing Cirque du Lys. Still snowing hard!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
20-30cm have fallen in all Pyrenées tonight, still snow in the north side of the range. Very good conditions
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowed all night and all day in Soldeu, even down to base level. No idea exactly how much, but there was powder to be had and all the bare patches had been covered.

Pain in the @rse though because we don't want powder, we want hard-pack! Temperatures possibly rising tomorrow though. Sad
snow conditions
Some photos from Soldeu at the beginning of March:

Sounds like conditions have improved even more since these were taken.
ski holidays
Evening pics from Piau Engaly; still snowing Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

snow report
three pics from ordino-arcalís this past saturday,

ski holidays
80cm more in Cauterets yesterday,..maybe next week reaches 4 meters in the top.
snow report
Just back from Peyragudes and what was probably the best day of the season so far. Over the last week or so the heavy snow has meant that off piste the powder is a metre deep and very light. With virtually empty slopes, and the sun shining today was really special. As Peyragudes closes on Sunday and the temperatures are rising I think I will end the season on a high and hang up the ski's for now.

snow conditions
Don't, ever, believe a word of the SCGB's snow reports. Today (as with every other day of the year) the report said best conditions at the top. Complete and utter rubbish! The worst conditions today were at the top.

Despite the slight rise in temperature the snow was awesome this morning, and still very nice this afternoon. However, there were some high winds at the top of the mountain which meant some runs had most of their snow blown off them, exposing horrible, bullet-proof ice (that even we on a race coaching course didn't like); meanwhile other runs had snow blown onto them, creating piles of snow in awkward places - some of the features that the wind created on the pistes were really weird, parts of one run looking like a skier cross course!
snow report
Tavascan yesterday (the resort is closed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
snow conditions
Baqueira Beret pics, yesterday

http://forum.catmeteo.com/index.php/topic,22882.0.html
latest report
Soldeu: Great snow this morning, but it started to get slushy right down low towards the end of the day. High temperatures expected tomorrow.

PS. Great to meet Dypcdiver, thoroughly enjoyed the discussion over a beer.
snow report
Very similar in Soldeu today as it was yesterday. Snow in the morning was a little harder (we also stuck to a well shadowed run which stayed hard all morning). Again softening and getting slightly wet during the mid-afternoon. The very top was in excellent condition until mid-afternoon and, because it was a still day, there were no problems with the snow like those experienced a few days ago due to high wind.
snow conditions
The best and the worst yesterday......

First the best:

A really nice day in Arcalís, and despite all people can say, we found nice dry powder. Incredible for us because last snowfall was 4-5 days ago, and we're in spring.....But the calm conditions and specially the really low humidity% hold the snow in perfect conditions in the higher and good orientations faces.

We climbed a nice and steep couloir (45-50º) above Arcalís, and found 20-30cm of powder untouched snow in a soft base. Then skinned a little to look for more powder and did a nice bowl with an steep entrance with more powder to finish in a SE steep couloir in nice spring snow...... So amazing conditions, and loads of snow to close the season next week Puzzled

Now the worst...... Sad Sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ...After this good day, descending to the car, and going with certain speed but comfortable..... I lost the control (Still I didn't know how I lost it.....) my skis were stucked and I turn IN my knee... I was able to got up and ski down quietly but I knew that I was broken... After medical visits the first diagnostic is a III degree sprain in intern lateral ligament, but maybe broken, and I've to wait a RMI on my knee to determine the final scope because the big inflamation they can't do the movements to determine if the meniscus is affected.... SO I finished the ski season Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
ski holidays
AlTom, sorry to hear the news bro. Still, not a bad time to have an injury like that, it could have been January! Looks like you guys really got the goods.

If it makes you feel better you wouldn't like it here. Honest. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
Thanks, parlor, not got the goods at all.....better to don't have nothing, but if I see the glass mid-full, and not mid-empty, it's mid-april after an epic season for me, that I can ski more than 30 hard days (only 1-2 "cruising" days), know a lot of places, a lot of descents, and look for more adventure trips (Now I've my duke, and skins, so next year when I return to verbier I'll attempt lots of other places). And it's true that is better to spend the rehabilitation in the my warm climate than in your alaskan conditions.

I only hope that next year I can found this conditions....
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
was in Cauterets last August. Took the gondola upto the sun terrace and had a meal at the restaurant.

Just wondering, how did has this season shaped up?

A possible weekend resort?
latest report
AlTom, I'm so sorry - how awful! Crying or Very sad However, at least, as parlor, says; better at the end of the season that at the beginning. Puzzled
ski holidays
AlTom, get well soon.....
latest report
Really good conditions this sunday in Arcalís....we enjoyed, with AlTom.

Unfortunately, AlTom has broken; but he will come back next season wink wink wink
ski holidays
A couple of photos of the past we (6/4), my last weekend:

The rest here: http://malaltsdeneu.mforos.com/20523/7463609-part-ordino-6-4-mes-enlla-dels-remuntadors
ski holidays
Piau Engaly the past weekend,...today snowing again in all range

http://www.mendiak.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=296123#296123
latest report
My injure is in a good way I think. Next Monday another visit to the doctor to determine exactly the diagnostic and schedule... But, finally it all seems less (but not nothing Confused), because the RMI and then an ecography determine that all the articulation is in good shape, no meniscous affected, no ligaments, only a little little sprain in the intern lateral, because the major injure was in the muscle, a major broken (around 7cm) next to the knee in the final part of the intern muscle (sorry but I don't know the names of different parts and muscles in english). This caused a big hematoma that inflamated all knee as an orange (and turn in an ugly colour), and still know is inflamated because the hematoma is located between the muscle and the bones, so need times to "liquidize" and reabsorb (or extract....).

SO, after initial diagnostics that say meniscous or broken ligament, I think that this is better. Normally it not requires operation, only rest and specially a goor rehabilitation, so this summer will see a long walks in the sand on the beach and in the mountains and also a lot of km in my bike...

Speaking about weather and conditions, only a little numbers of resorts are remaining opened, but they are having really winter conditions. Today snowing in all resorts of the S face, and quantities between 20 and 60cm of new snow are common along the range. Today more, then a little stop, and on sunday more on the way (and it appears bigger than the actual storm) til monday night. So maybe epic conditions on Tuesday-wed......
snow report
Good newsAlTom, I wish you a speedy recovery. We had the best conditions of the season in Soldeu during the last few days of the season. A group of us skied until 16:00 on the Sunday and as nobody in the group had suffered any injuries this season we decided to quit then and retire to the bar! Toofy Grin By Monday morning a further 5cm had fallen at village level and there has been more since. Many years ago the mountain would have been kept open with such good conditions but now because it is so big it requires several hundred people to man the mountain so it has become uneconomical. 30 years ago in the first week of May we helped dig out a channel for the 2 man chair to pass through before they could open the mountain there had been a massive dump of about a metre.
ski holidays
Raining really hard now, but snowing in the mountaints, snow limit level between 1500-1800m
snow conditions
AlTom,10:57 and look at the snow.
snow report
More pics from Piau

http://www.skipass.com/forums/enmontagne/direct/pyrenees/sujet-94568.html
snow conditions
Grandvalira today, and closed

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy