Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Free lifts in Meribel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are going to Meribel for Xmas and are aiming to arrive about 2pm on Saturday (next Saturday yeh! Very Happy). By the time we drop off the luggage and sort out the skis we may have an hour or two for a quick warm up ski for the kids.

I was thinking of getting a mini pass, but for only an hour or two, 50Eur seems a bit steep so are there any free drags which may entertain the kids for an hour? Also is there parking anywher near these?

Cheers,
Peter
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the little Doron lift at Mottaret is free. Not certain though.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are a couple of free drags in Mottaret and the Chalets bubble is free. In Meribel, the Cotes drag is free.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. Good point. The Chalet lift takes you from the bottom of the "town" at Mottaret and gives you free access to a decent chunk of blue piste. With a tiny bit of a pole up te hill you can then ski for free all the way back down to Meribel itself. A nice cruise through the trees. Well worth a bus or taxi up to Mottaret I would say. If you fancy that, I will give you further details, but I reckon you can easily get half an afternoon's skiing for free out of it.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
prthomas, Is the lift pass €50 a day? That seems very expensive.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Roy Hockley,
1 day adult lift pass is listed as 37euros
1/2 day pass adults 30euros children 21euros

MERIBEL VALLEY
Rates are in Euros. Prices valid from 22/12/07 to 18/04/08
Individual passes Family Passes
Lift pass type Adult 5/-13 years Morning
(opening to 12.30) 30 21
Afternoon
(from 12.30) 30 21
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Roy Hockley, no, its 13EUR for the afternoon, but for 2 adults and 2 kids (no kids discount on this ticket) it comes to about 50 EUR.

Thanks everyone for your replies.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
prthomas, That sounds more like it!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Would agree with Chris Bish, take the free bus up to Motterat and is a nice cruise back down to Meribel - plenty of bumps around edge to keep kids happy.

Personally I'd avoid taking the resort lifts to the higher part of town as the runs you're then on get very busy late afternoon and can be a mix of out of control wannabees, barely in control beginners and everything else - possibly not great for first run of week
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Chris Bish wrote:
I think the little Doron lift at Mottaret is free. Not certain though.

snowHead

you are right, it is.... Personally i would get the bus up to mottaret, play around on the doron lift and when you have had enough slide down through mottaret on the Truite piste back into meribel as a few have suggested.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy