Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top 10 reasons why Dry Slopes Suck

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
rob@rar wrote:
Kramer wrote:
Skiing on plastic snow is like making love to a plastic woman.

Not really enjoyable, but good for your technique?

Wink

Brilliant! Laughing
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kramer, rob@rar, VERY good

definately #1 and #2
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
vivski wrote:
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
I know a racer who refuses to ski on snow, only dryslope.

Sigh..

yeah, that's weird! I would love to race on snow given the opportunity - or, to put it more bluntly, the money! Very Happy

It's because he's very good at dryslope slalom, but mediocre at snow slaloms. It's all about the ego.

I have to admit, every dedicated young male ski racer I've ever met has been a bit of an idiot.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not worth it for me. Only 1 in NI at Craigavon. If I lived round the corner I would probably goa few times a year, but its a good 1.5 hr drive and you can only get about 3 turns in.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Spikyhedgehog, There are quite a few young skiers at our club who's parents don't ski and have therefor never been on snow. I know of at least one young girl who has just joined the race team and a boy who does some fabulous freestyle stuff and neither of them have ever been on snow. I always feel sorry for them but I suppose what they've never done they won't miss. When they get older they can go on the club day trips to Aviemore...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer wrote:
Skiing on plastic snow is like making love to a plastic woman.
Not even that.
To me the main problem with plastic (or any of the UK snowdomes): it's all over before you've really started.
The slopes are too short.
I agree with rob@rar: "not really enjoyable".
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Spikyhedgehog,
Quote:

have to admit, every dedicated young male ski racer I've ever met has been a bit of an idiot.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ickabodblue wrote:
Spikyhedgehog, There are quite a few young skiers at our club who's parents don't ski and have therefor never been on snow. I know of at least one young girl who has just joined the race team and a boy who does some fabulous freestyle stuff and neither of them have ever been on snow. I always feel sorry for them but I suppose what they've never done they won't miss. When they get older they can go on the club day trips to Aviemore...

This guys parents skied frequently and he refused to join them on trips..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

This guys parents skied frequently and he refused to join them on trips

when my brother was little he would sit grumpily on the beach in socks and black lace up shoes because he hated the feel of sand on his feet. He had no choice about going, but nobody could force him to enjoy himself.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
True true, but this person really likes dry slope skiing. My brother refuses to ski now, but that's because he doesn't enjoy it. I don't mind that, it's his choice.

The only reason this racer I know doesn't ski on snow is becuase there are lots of people who are much better than him. He's a good dryslope racer.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

The only reason this racer I know doesn't ski on snow is becuase there are lots of people who are much better than him

it's a good job we don't all have this worry, or the slopes would be empty!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy