Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboarding vacation in Engelberg

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

On January, I'll go for a snowboarding vacation in Engelberg (Titlis).
Since its my first time snowboarding in Switzerland, there are some issues I need clarification with from the Swiss-old-hands.

So, could you please explain -

• what is "Halbtax", and who is eligible to receive it ?
  • What is "Snow'n'Rail" ?
  • What would be the recommended skipass to buy if I:

Quote:
  • Arrive in Switzerland via Zurich airport.
  • Plan to get to Engelberg by Train.
  • Will have 9 days of Snowboarding in Engelberg.

Thanks,
BR.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boardrider, welcome to snowHead snowHead and more importnatly the snowboarding forum Cool

Sorry I can't help with all your questions it's ages since I've been to Switzerland but there should be a resident along shortly who can help.

AFAIK the best way to get to resort is to buy the swiss rail ski? ticket which allows you to take the train from your arrival airport to resort and back at a greatly reduced rate. There should be info on the swissrail website.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boardrider, Welcome snowHead Can't help you with the Switzerland questions though - sorry
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can not help either even though I am out there now, but the rail ticket return to a resort seems to be a good deal, and I believe you can buy a train ticket and ski pass on the net as a sort of package, but I am never that organised. BTW weather great, having fun
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
boardrider,

The halbtax means you can buy any ticket for half the full fare.

http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/

Tourists can get it for 99CHF for a month. Normal price is 150 for 12 months

Snow'n'rail is detailed here (in German)
http://www.railaway.ch/Deutsch/snowandrail/index.html

It is a combined train ticket and lift pass offer. Availalbe for lift pass durations of 1,2 or 6 days.

Since you want a 9 days pass I would imagine that you would need to do the train ticket and lift pass seperately. You could either buy the ticket at the normal price (see www.rail.ch) or get a Swiss Transfer Ticket (see http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks rayscoops, DebbiDoesSnow, and Swirly.
BTW, rayscoops - when you say "... even though I am out there now": do you mean you're in Engelberg ?
Bye,
BR.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
No I meant the country there, in Verbier
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rayscoops, you get a lot of time to post considering you should be boarding
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Swirly, I reckon he aint there !!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Swirly,the Blackberry makes it easy, just like sending a text as I eat a goulash or quaff a pint. I would post a pic but it is too much hassle but they are easy to email so if any wants a pic of pow ??? Let me know.
I leave tomorrow though
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
nessy wrote:
boardrider,
The halbtax means you can buy any ticket for half the full fare.
http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/
You could either buy the ticket at the normal price (see www.rail.ch) or get a Swiss Transfer Ticket (see http://www.swisstravelsystem.ch/)

Thanks, nessy: that's an excellent reply which filled all the knowledge voids I had.
Merry Holidays,
RB.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Some photos now loaded in media zone in case any one needs reminding what pow is like
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy