Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

And the vital question is........which are the best looking set of skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Not the best performance, or the best length rolling eyes , but far more important than all that wink literally, which are the best looking set of skis top coat wise? I've just clocked the piccy of the grey and black Scott Missions in the ebay thread, and they're a handsome looking set of skis, I also kind of rate my own wave magics. Now I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but let me have some suggestions and we'll do a fun poll on the ideas - Ideally we'll need a link to a piccy or one that we can view in the media zone.

So here are those Scott Missions:

and here are my Wave Magics

ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Megamum, Surely your own wink but they look tiny, how will you get your feet in them?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For the fellas the Jon Olson Pro is hard to beat

http://www.thejibshop.com/Head-Jon-Olson-Pro-P3702C0.aspx
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm partial to last year's Seth Vicious top sheet, the one with the Dali motif, though I don't have a pair
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bump my thread....http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=789964&highlight=quiver#789964

I still like my BetaRides the best, but the most colourful are the new Hagan Freeride:Heats

(well, you did ask.....Smile )
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
High Society FR's: http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/skis_fr.php

How about a best looking ski, binding & boot combo
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And the Icelantic's probably have the most original graphics on the market: http://www.icelanticboards.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

Very HappyVery Happy

Although I do like these,

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I really liked the Elan Black Perla ones that were for sale on Snowheads, not in my length unfortunately Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Has to be Icelantics. Pure art forms.

snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I like my custom Apache Chiefs with Britart graphics.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 14-12-07 23:37; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
the dynastar arno adam was so pretty i took my screen name from it Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Arno, You like to be associated witht the word "pretty" Shocked Shocked
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
spyderjon, Definately my Icelantic Nomads PURE ART.........http://www.icelanticboards.com/ Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley Very Happy Cool snowHead Laughing Razz
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, pretty on the surface but raceroom construction underneath Cool
ski holidays
previous years missions Smile

snow report
Megamum, I'd have to agree - I've just bought the Missions, although they haven't arrived in the post yet. Actually, the piccy you've got is a bit dark - they're more brown than black, like this: (still gorgeous though) Very Happy
snow conditions
And the definitive answer..... Whatever RachelQ, is skiing on Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel Little Angel
ski holidays
My Volant Vertez Silvers - old but distinguished!

snow conditions
Mrs. Zammo's new skis:

They should be arriving at my office any time now ...
snow report
I quite like the Enforcers ...
snow report
4frnt MSPs are rather tasty, especialy the 181s.

Icelatics are just that bit too hippy. Mind you I'd still have a pair, if you insisted.
ski holidays
Cunners, Hey man wheres the SNOW Confused
ski holidays
the icelantics beat any othe rski graphics hands down and their website is just so nice to look at - even if it doesn't work for some people out there.
latest report
For me it is clear that I share a different culture with most of the folks here... The best looking ski must be this:

Wagner Skis: Lovoatiger

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 14-12-07 16:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Saw some Birdos skis in Andermatt and they were the business to look at....
ski holidays
The best looking skis have to be ones that nobody else around has. No point having six pairs the same, outside the restaurant. Who wants to go to a party in a new dress and find other people wearing the same ones?
snow report
I love the look of the Icelantics, but if what I was on last Saturday is representantive they're the worst pieces of crap I've ever had the misfortune to strap onto my feet Evil or Very Mad . As with Spikyhedgehog, Movement skis have great graphics too.

How about the WORST graphics ever - I vote for the skis I've just bought, Black Diamond Kilowatts.

They ski nicely though.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Best looking skis = ones you can't see 'cos their under the snow !
snow report
Is it true there's a picture of Jesus on the Scott Missions Puzzled I've heard 'pub talk' that there is a small picture of Jesus on one ski on the 2006/7 Scott Mission and a bigger picture on both Scott Mission skis for the 2007/8 model - Something to do with 'him' looking after you on the slopes. Is my mate drinking too much Puzzled
latest report
marky, that's true. Jesus skis with me. Little Angel
ski holidays
and me Smile

look closely at the picture I posted top ski above the squiggly Mission writing...
snow report
angelaclark, I quite like your Volant Silvers. However I think the Scott Missions still have a lot going for them like RachelQ's still have a lot going for them. I too also liked Elan's Black Perlas. I think I like the chic classy style myself, however I'm not going to argue that the artwork on the Icelantics isn't anything but special, although I think it could be better appreciated hung on a wall in the lounge (does this solve the storage problems for their skis I wonder!?). I don't know if actual pictures work as well on skis as something more pattern led, but that's just my personal preference. Any more for any more and we should have a short list.
ski holidays
GrahamN, ha ha.... I joked with the test centre in LG last year that they would get a paint job on the Kilowattts as they hadn't bothered for the test skis..and he looked at me blankly...so he wasn't joking when he said that were THE graphics....

V Nice ski tho' so they are forgiven........... wink
ski holidays
VIST Big Mountain for understated cool.
latest report

The ski's on the right are absolutely mint.

I also like these poles

snow report

wow i love these
snow report
plectrum, mmmm leather.

There are too many pretty skis out there to pick a clear winner. However, this pair has grown on me so much that I am in love now:

Then that might upset some of these, the Exploders will always have a special place in my heart:

snow report
I agree with demos. I prefer the subtle, classic looking designs.
Check out this one: http://www.wagnerskis.com/portfolio/bluebirdseye.php
snow conditions
actually, those Volkl wizard Expolsivs are very pretty too
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy