Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The hardest piste you've ever got down

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Val Thorens, first day of my second trip and couldn't see 6ft in front of me, going down a seemingly unpisted blue, I think it was Fond, which was deserted. Just the complete lack of definition in the terrain made it really difficult.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Epaule de Charvet in val d'isere, jumping off the back of every cut off mogul.

It was horrid Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The first slope I skied on day 1 of trip 1.
Since then it's just gotten easier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
No3 black in LaThiule... the one Lindsay Vonn fell on last week. My third week,+70% and boiler plate on (so literally the hardest). Must have fallen 10 times first run but went back and nailed it next run.
Or Tetras in Meribel when it had moguls so big I couldn't see over them and had to side step up.... and had no idea what I was doing. It got bashed that night and was childs play the next day.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
On my first ski holiday in L2A that horrible track from Les Cretes down to resort. should be regraded as green suggests easy but try snow ploughing all the way with 7000 other beginners and 100 a**holes. truly terrifying not to mention agony on the knees as tensed up the whole way down which took a good 40 minutes.

Tetris (black) in Montgenevre has a horrible drop in at the top and was scraped blue ice and horrible giant moguls

two steep sections of sarenne (ADH) between the rocks which in the afternoon on a warm spring day resembled the opening scenes of saving private ryan, bodies, skis and poles everywhere 6ft moguls. no idea how i negotiated it without falling once.

still love skiing though
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Frank Berthod black at La Thuile which had a top half of light blue ice. Stopping a third of the way for a breather and seeing ice balls rolling all the way down did nothing for my sanity either. Scary
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bottom end of the Luc Alfond black at Serre Che. It had rained heavily and refrozen. Like an ice skating rink. Very busy late on and the home run. I was on borrowed skis -ten years old that hadn't been serviced in years and had no edges. Everyone was going over and taking out lots of other people, including me. Happy days....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@RWDLYN, that's the one... Only on my first attempt I was on my back bottom overtaking the ice balls.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The glacier at L2A - PSB 2007 ish - polished, blue glacier ice. Gentle slope on which control was impossible for a numpty like me.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not exactly a piste but the last crappy bit just as you arrive at any lift !!!!! Soft, soggy, tight and generally horrible and the point where idiots always come flying past to get a better place in the queue.....no manners. Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Guerlain Chicherit, Tignes when icy gave me a surprise , eases out after the first 300m or so. Leisse was tricky as well, but the chair back up scarier.

La Masse when icy and moguled is a steep run, but at least it is quite wide.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy