Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler 2007/2008

Poster: A snowHead
B******s! B******s the lot of you... Twisted Evil
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skisimon,

Yup.

Snowing all day today and a lot of powder high up: the only downside was that you couldn't see a dam' thing -although that didn't stop a whole load of intrepid local braille skiers from enjoying it.

Clouds cleared and the sun came out .......just after the lifts closed.

Should be another great day tomorrow.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 13 more days to go Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Off tomorrow Shock
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Today has been a Good Friday. Sunshine all morning and some awesome powder off the Harmony and Symphony chairs. Even the Bank Holiday crowds (20 minute lift lines) couldn't track it all out that quickly.

My knees feel like they've been crucified. But I won't wait until Sunday. Tomorrow I will rise again (probably on the Peak Chair)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Something went wrong today - it didn't snow!!

Instead a fine sunny day - crowds not nearly so bad as I expected (nothing like Friday's) and relatively short lift lines Very Happy

Still a bit of untracked to be found in West Bowl, but pretty much everything tracked out in Harmony and the Symphony amphitheatre (but plenty of freshies for those prepared to hike into Flute Bowl: I didn't - Mrs A put her foot down Embarassed ).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
31cm fresh in the last 24 hours. Still snowing as I type this.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
35cm untouched in the alpines, another 10 or so expected tonight. Winds dying down, should be an awesome day tomorrow !!!!
Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
35cm untouched in the alpine on Monday morning was EPIC!!!!!

OMG!!!111ELEVEN1111!!!! Fantastic skiing conditions, I was about the 20th person into the Blackcomb Glacier, it was almost like heli skiing conditions!

And then this morning yet more fresh lines everywhere!!!!

74cm over the last 7 days.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Snow, snow, snow, snow, snow.

Spent Monday to Wednesday doing the Dave Murray camp and hitting the powder EVERYWHERE.

This morning some sunshine for skiing the bowls off Harmony and the Peak chair, then snowing since lunch. Still falling here in the village. All set for an awesome last day ( Crying or Very sad ) tomorrow.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Acacia, how was the dave murray camp. i am booked two weeks time
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Acacia, and who was your coach? Sounds like it's been amazing out there.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
garywilk, geetee,

The Dave Murray camp was excellent - I strongly recommend it as a way of pushing the envelope and getting to grips with the more challenging terrain. I had Kim McKnight as my coach, and we spent the first day coming to terms with deep powder off the top of the Peak chair and mainly discovering that our reasonably strong comfort-zone technique was somewhat deficient under these conditions (and in rather uncertain light at times).

The second day, we ran some gates in the morning, then back up to the top, where miraculously we all felt more stable and solid and actually convinced ourselves that we could handle this kind of terrain and conditions.

Wednesday we warmed up for the GS race with more powder off Millionaire's Ridge (accessed by ducking under the boundary fence, which probably invalidated my insurance) followed by the long haul down the Peak to Creek - groomed overnight, but with several inches of fresh snowfall over the top, making it a particularly sweet ride (although something of a thigh-burner).

Survived the GS race, and was rather chastened to discover that what felt like Hermann Maier actually looked - on the video - more like Donald Duck.

After the camp I returned to the rather more relaxing experience of accompanying Mrs A, but still got in the opportunity for a couple of epic runs: On Thursday, the Dave Murray course was closed off for most of the day for the McConkey Cup race (Whistler vs Blackcomb employees race). When they opened it up in the afternoon, one side remained covered in several inches of untracked powder: a high-speed blast through this followed by the fluff at the edge of Bear Paw was highly exhilarating.

On Friday (last day Sad ) I got over into the Blackcomb Glacier. The hike in was particularly eventful, since there was only a single boot-track width path between Blow Hole on the left, and a wall of snow on the right. Also, half-way along there was a gap in the path, being (very slowly) filled in by a snow patroller - she advised everyone to "jump in, it'll tamp down the infill" - a rather precarious activity while carrying your skis on your shoulder and a precipitous drop-off immediately to one side: for the first time I seriously considered that attempting to ski down Blow Hole might almost be the easier option. Almost, but not quite. Once into the Glacier, the snow was still pretty damn good. Too tracked up to be veeeight's, heli-quality, but still enough untracked between the criss-cross to be a total blast.

The trip home wasn't too bad, either, since we flew KLM via Schiphol and didn't have to suffer the Heathrow terminal 5 experience Smile
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Acacia, Thanks for this detail. Not sure if I am looking forward to this more or less now. The dreaded comfort zone is why I am doing the course. To get out of it I mean. Spent far too long skiing around without any real purpose or incentive to improve. I will report back in a few weeks. As for Terminal 5 I think the only relevant word in the title is terminal.
snow report
Acacia Glad to hear you had such a good time. I've skiied with Kim before and she's an excellent coach. Very Happy

garywilk, you'll have a fantastic time and the 25th anniversary party sounds like one not to miss. Very Happy Very Happy I wish I was going!
snow report
garywilk,

To appreciate the full horror of a Murray Camp, read Steve Jefferson's account at www.fcentre.plus.com/murraycamp
snow report
Acacia, Noooooooo!!! You're not supposed to pass on that kind of information until they've actually BEEN on a camp! rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
Very very funny. Especially knowing the personalilites involved! Wink Fragile egos need not apply Smile
snow report
Acacia, geetee, veeeight, I retract my comment above about reporting back in a few weeks. I thank the three of you for ruining my sleep over the next 6 nights. Just off to buy a cat so i can kick sh*# out of it. Perhaps I can hide for three days and tell my kids it was a great experiance so better start that exercise programme I have been thinking about since last years trip. Have six days to lose two stone in weight and reduce my heart rate from a resting 120. Now up to a resting 145 since I read the web site. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
garywilk, Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry Embarassed The trick to staying safe? Don't overachieve on the ski-off as you'll have to ski like that (style and tempo) for the rest of the camp. wink
latest report
It went all pooey and sticky at the weekend, but it's back to normal winter snow now, 7cm fresh this morning, -9 degC at the Roundhouse.
ski holidays
5 cm fresh this morning, -12 at the peak, -8 at the roundhouse.

Still no sign of spring!
latest report
veeeight, well that's rather nice for this time of year. Can you still ski out or has that finished now?
snow report
full ski out, although with recent rain there are a few bare spots showing on the last section.

Oh, and its been snowing heavily in the village all morning!

Powder lines for the weekend, wooo hooo!
snow conditions
The roundhouse this morning, heavy snow, and Telus Festival demo tents.

The Fitzsimmons chair at village level.

snow report
Is the season never going to end?
Will it ever stop snowing to the valley? I took my snow tyres off last weekend, and am considering putting them back on again (joking, i hope!).

Am officially laid off as of today as Whistler closing, so looking forward to some skiing on Blackcomb this coming week.

But it can stop snowing to the valley, thank you, i am due to start at the golf course on April 28th.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy