Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Schladming anyone been ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, i'm thinking of heading to Schladming early Feb, cheap flights sorted to Salzburg.

Anyone recommend this resort ?

Good snowboarding ? Bars, apres, food etc ??

Any info would be spot on, especially regarding accomodation, would ideally like something close to lifts and nightlife, clean and warm = cheap !!

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Cheers Chris.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll happily recommend Schladming, great local beer, Schladminger, extensive piste, good apres , though not as wild as some well known Austrian places, but do have a very impressive new apres ski complex open this season, near planai gondola. Schladming is not relly ski in ski out, but if you're in the town centre then the Planai gondola is very easy walking distance, especially in comfy snowboard booties. For accommodation try http://www.schladming-appartements.at/english_index.html

Snow is currently looking excellent, i was skiing there a few weeks ago in powder.

Schladming is of course part of the ski amade lift pass system, so covers loads of other resorts. Probably best to have a car to explore, but places like Zauchansee, Flachau, Galsterberg, Gastein, Hochkonig area, etc are between 20 - 60 mins drive away.

And if you are out for more than 12 days I think you'll find a season pass cheaper.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
wallas, yep - I second that. Your lift pass will be for the whole of the Ski Amade network, so make sure you explore the neighbouring mountains. ~There is loads to do here. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Superb place, go for it. I went over Christmas a couple of years back and was surprised how quiet it was compared to France. I spent an afternoon and night in Salzburg too on New Year's Eve - very pleasant.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
wallas, nice town, good skiing, we stayed at the sport hotel royer, with indoor pool and full sports complex, town quiet but lively early on , there is a great bar at the gondola mid station , with traditional music and dancing. also night skiing on the downhill run i think
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the replies folks, i'm set on going to Schladming, just have some difficulty finding some digs. My brother and his wife have decided to come with us but they are arriving on a Thursday and leaving the following Tuesday and getting somewhere that isn't Sat to Sat ain't easy !!

I've had a few offers but too expensive, ahh well i'll keep trying.

If we cannot find anything in Schladming what other resorts are close to Salzburg that are worth considering, decent snowboarding and nightlife.

Cheers

Tignes 11th Jan
Schladming 2nd Feb
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
wallas, Im down the road from Schladming. Your ski pass is valid for all of Ski Amade so you could go somewhere different every day. The bus network is excellent. PS me for further info and I will try to help. Have you tried the accommodation request section on www.skiamade.com you should get offers flooding in. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers thanks for the reply, apparently it is Carneval time ?? And there is not alot of accomodation free, i can get a room for myself Sat 2nd Feb till Sat 9th but my brother is having a problem finding accomodation for 31st Jan till 5th Feb. I'll have a word with him tomorrow, i'm off out now last day of work before Xmas, i'll pm you tomorrow.

Thanks again.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
oooh I'm very encouraged reading this, I'm going to Schladming in the new year. If it's anything like St Anton it'll be great. Wallas, I'll be there exactly the same week as you Smile staying at the hotel Zum Kaiserweg, flying from Luton to Salzburg.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I won't be off to Schladming now, my brother found it too difficult to get digs, i still want to go - so maybe the end of March for another sneaky week.

I left it all to him so we are now off to Zell am See, looks a decent resort and can't wait.

Cheers all.

Tignes 11th Jan
Zell am See 2nd Feb
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ah that's a shame! Hope you enjoy Zell Am See, I've never been there..

Would love any other feedback on Schladming though - best runs and best bars in particular!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy