Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eastern Europe offers best ski bargains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Bargain-hunting skiers will find the best value by travelling east to Bulgaria, Romania and Slovenia, according to the Ski Resort Report by Post Office Travel Services. Borovets in Bulgaria emerges as the cheapest ski destination - half the price of ski equipment and living costs in the US resort of Vail, Colorado. Romania (Poiana Brasov) and Slovenia (Kranjska Gora) are also significantly cheaper than long established resorts in three of the biggest big ski destinations - Switzerland, Austria and France. ...Canada, hit by an 9.5 per cent drop in its dollar value against sterling, was by far the most expensive ski destination of the12 surveyed by the Post Office.

The survey also found that Italy still offers best value for ski equipment and resort costs compared to Austria, France and Switzerland.

For more info:
Total comparative costs of ski prices and basic commodities table: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/portal/rmg/content1?catId=63800710&mediaId=65800708
Read prices of ski packs and private ski lessons table: http://www.royalmailgroup.com/portal/rmg/content1?catId=63800710&mediaId=65700704

www.postoffice.co.uk
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Interesting that Soldeu is more expensive than the 3 valleys, I guess the huge investment into the Grandvalira network has pushed prices up.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
el Hen, Hmmm. Are we to be surprised? And, is it "value"? I have no aspirations to buying a Lada even though it's cheap whereas I'd really quite like a Bentley Coupe-GT.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mildly interesting, but of limited use. Assumes Obergurgl is typical of Austria, and Verbier typical of Switz, which is plainly not the case, both are higher-end in terms of price compared to elsewhere in those countries. Cheap doesn't = value for money very often. Surprising to see Banff more expensive than Vail.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
First choice at the mo are offering a week in Andorra for £101 in jan s/c Shocked
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The numbers are rubbish. I didn't believe them looking a t them so I checked the qoted prices in the link against what the resort web sites give as the prices for lift passes for Verbier and 3 Valleys. Verbier is cheaper both for limited area and full area pass, whereas Courchevel is quoted as being cheaper. Don't know where they got the numbers from but at todays excahnge rates they are wildly wrong.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el Hen wrote:
...Canada, hit by an 9.5 per cent drop in its dollar value against sterling, was by far the most expensive ski destination of the12 surveyed by the Post Office.

Without the 'hit', Canada would have been even worse in Sterling terms, presumably
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy