Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The superstylin what's on your mp3 player thread mixtape.

Poster: A snowHead
stab, Listened to it at my gym session this morning and it helped me to work through a slight hangover to once again reach my normal highly trained condition. Really enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
riverman, good to see I helped you achieve your highly trained condition. Laughing thanks for the feedback. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just downloaded this and I am trying to use it to motivate me to pack Smile Smile

thanks Stab !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hey there!

thanks very much for this - that was my original post that has mushroomed into a mini-enterprise! i'll promote it on my site too!

when i actually went away, i found the style of the music did change my confidence when it came to skiing. something like the fugees or michael buble really helped for the first few runs, getting back my ski legs....

leading up to a lovely ace of spades and the prodigy "smack my good lady up" quite a difference!

i've since added - "take a look around" by limp bizkit, firestarter by the prodigy and monkey wrench by the foo fighters.

i can't wait to add yours!
xx
sarah
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I downloaded this last night and played it today in the car - fantastic mix. Thank you.

Also, spent the last few hours downloading some 'classics' from iTunes - all now loaded and ready for the slopes and the long drive down to the Alps. Cool
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hey stab

sounds pretty good! i particularly like the spliced vanilla ice and blur....

it's also almost perfect length for my workout - so think i will be sick of it before i hit the slopes in April again!

if i could persuade you to do another one...i could sell it for you online and we could half the proceedings? Toofy Grin

sarah
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We need to do a mellow one for when you just feel like cruising.

I'll start with

Roxy Music - Angel Eyes
Billy Idol - Eyes without a face
Bill Withers - Lovely day
Oleta Adams - Rhythm of life
The Brand New Heavies - Dream on dreamer
The Pretenders - Don't get me wrong
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hey stab, just downloaded and listening... presuming you used some software to mix it together... what did you use and is it shareware? Cheers, enjoying your efforts!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Great mixtape, stab! I'm just putting together my list of essential tracks for this year - usually i have an hour-or-two long playlist of varied stuff, then select three or four albums to be my soundtrack for the season.

This year's albums:

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
Released in 2005 but finally hitting my consciousness, this came out of a side project by Mike Shinoda, aka The Rapping Guy from Linkin Park. Featuring collaborations with Lupe Fiasco, The Roots and John Legend, it's the perfect beat-heavy combination of rock and hip-hop. Check out 'Remember The Name' on YouTube for a taster - it's ULTIMATE carving music.

30 Seconds To Mars - A Beautiful Lie
The title track is all OVER Radio One at the moment - the whole album is energetic, pumping nu-rock very much in the Linkin Park style. Again, this is aggressive music to get you pumped as you tackle those testy reds.

Kanye West - Graduation
Hip-hop's undoubted king's latest long player is actually brilliantly-accessible even for those who don't normally reach for the rap shelf of their music collection. With samples taken from everyone from Steely Dan to Daft Punk, there's bound to be a hook or two you recognise, and the energy shifts from perfect cruising tracks to more pumping numbers.

I'm still looking for a fourth album to use this time out...anyone got any ideas?

As for the ultimate tracks for my mixtape - here are a few highlights:

Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline
Girls Aloud - Girl Overboard
Arctic Monkeys - Fake Tales Of San Francisco
The Bravery - Honest Mistake
Motorhead - Evolution
Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy
Kid Rock - Cocky
Y Traxx - Mystery Land
Linkin Park - What I've Done
Fat Boy Slim - Ya Mama (Push The Tempo)
Run DMC - It's Tricky (Jason Nevins Remix)
Airscape - L'Esperanza
MC Solaar - Solaar Pleure
Bon Jovi - Raise Your Hands
NWA - Express Yourself
Prince - You Got The Look
Evanescence - My Last Breath
The Killers - Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Lostprophets - Wake Up (Make A Move)

--

The musical accompaniment is at least 30% of why skiing is so amazing, you know...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
FastEddie wrote:
Y Traxx - Mystery Land

tune and a half there mate, never thought that one would come up. I don't really listen to albums, M.I.A. would probably be good going by that paper planes track.

Richie_S Most of it I made in acid pro 6, some of the drummers were slapped into drumming in time with abelton live, demos are around for them. I prefer acid pro but abelton is amazing.

queen_sheba
Quote:
if i could persuade you to do another one...i could sell it for you online and we could half the proceedings?

That's against the unwritten law of the bootlegger, never sell your work. Basically I stole someone's music, stole someone elses andmixed them together.

Glad this is still doing the rounds although I still don't see where 18000 downloads came from Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

still don't see where 18000 downloads came from

Given there's only 10294 snowheads good question Puzzled
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Could a snowHeads collaboration between Stab and Admin/uBrain by in the pipeline? Cool
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stab, just downloaded and listened to the mix - OMFG dude, it is the shizzle, as the young people might say. So, SO essential listening for me in two weeks as I hit the reds in Les Gets!

Did you put the individual boots together from scratch yourself, or is it some clever mixing of already-existing mashups? If the former, then you hereby rock my world.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FastEddie, only the 1st track is an existing mashup, it would have been easy to recreate it but I couldn't be bothered. Everything else is me, except the mc at the beginning, thats a guy called dynastee.

If you liked that mix then try these ones out. I took 2 of fatboy slim's albums and did the same thing to them. These shifted 100gig in a week or so, by far the most downloaded thing I ever made. I found them on websites in almost every country in the world.

1st fatboy slim album
1. Fight club - Tyler's speech
2. Fatboyslim - right here right now
3. Beastie Boys - right now
4. Fatboyslim - right here right now accapela
5. Onyx - Unknown
6. Fatboyslim - Illin In Heaven
7. Moby & Public Enemy - Make love Be Nice please! war
8. Fatboyslim - Soul surfing
9. Wildchild - Renegade master
10. Fatboyslim - Kalifornia
11. Fatboyslim - You're Not From Brighton
12. Beastie Boys - Triple trouble
13. Midnight Oil - Beds are burning
14. Ludacris - Stand up
15. Fatboyslim - Love island
16. Chemical brothers feat Q tip - Galvanize
17. Fatboyslim - Gangster tripping
18. Public enemy - public enemy No1
19. Human Traffic - Comedown sermon
20. Enya - Orinoco flow
21. Fatboyslim - Acid 8000
22. Human traffic - Hip hop intro
23. B52s - Love shack
24. Fatboyslim - Praise you
25. The matrix - end phone call
26. Fatboyslim - Build It Up-Tear It Down
27. The Proclaimers - I'm gonna be (500 miles
Download here

2nd Fatboy slim album
1. Lock stock dialogue - Muppets
2. Fatboy Slim - The weekend starts here
3. Chuck D - No
4. Fatboy Slim - Santa Cruz
5. Bubba Sparxxx - Ms new booty
6. Bomb the bass - Megablast
7. Fatboy SLim - Next to nothing
8. Jungle brothers - I'll house you
9. Kelis - Milkshake
10. Fatboy Slim - First down
11. Human traffic - Spliff politics
12. Lock stock dialogue - It's kosher
13. Fatboy slim - Song for lindy
14. The fog - Been a long time
15. Fatboy slim - the sound of milwaukee
16. Josh Wink - Higher state of consciousness
17. Fatboy Slim - Everybody needs a 303
18. Dizzee Rascal - Stand up tall
19. A guy called gerald - Voodoo Ray
20. Orange - Sushi samba
21. Fatboy slim - going out of my head
22. Princess superstar - perfect
23. Crystal waters - 100% pure love
24. Fatboy slim - 10th and crenshaw
25. Salt and pepa - push it
26. Will smith - switch
27. Lock stock dialogue - It's a deal, It's a steal
28. Fatboy slim - punk to funk
29. Jackson 5 - I want you back
30. 2bad mice - bombscare
31. Missy elliot - 4 my people
32. Lock stock dialogue - Barry ranting
33. Fatboy slim - Michael jackson
34. NWA - Straight outta compton
35. Darkness - thing called love
36. Fatboy slim - give the po' man a break
37. Simpsons - Apu party
38. Vanilla ice - ice ice baby
39. Some parts of pop idol

Download here

I also did 2 Daft Punk albums but they are more dance/house orientated. There is a 3rd fatboy slim album 90% finished (palookaville) but I haven't time at the moment to finish it Sad
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Will download later and stick on the iPod Touch (oooh, get me) for two weeks time...love a bit of Norman, there's something special about big beats and a wide open piste!!

That said, i think you've got your albums switched up - Better Living Through Chemistry came before You've Come a Long Way, Baby, i think Wink

I was going to name the following in my list of essential carving tunes, but i thought they were almost a given:

Beastie Boys - Body Movin' (Norman Cook Remix)
Wildchild - Renegade Master '98 (Fat Boy Slim Remix)
Fatboy Slim - Going Out Of My Head
DJ Delite - Jack It Up (Fat Boy Slim Remix)
CJ Bolland - It Ain't Gonna Be Me (stuck that in there for the sheer audacity of him releasing a huge big beat track in the Summer Of Trance)

Have you stuck to breaks and beats, or have you ventured as far as reaching for the lasers with some Oakenfold/Perfecto hard house or some 1997-2000 trance wonderfulness?
snow report
I used to dj a lot of perfecto stuff but not since 99. Now I'm mainly banging out the filthy glitched electro with a mash up/big beat thing on the side.

Yeah I did you've come a long way baby 1st because it was the easier of the 2, then as I got a bit better I tackled better living. Palookaville was a right pain but I only have one track left to do and some more editing, maybe in spring I'll finish it. I released those albums just before rockness which helped no end with the downloads, I think norman is bringing a new album out soon so I'll try and time it with that.
snow conditions
Just stick the new Film School album on your Ipod and you cant go wrong.
snow report
You gotta have "Good Time" by Leroy!

But yeah awesome list Stab is downloading at the moment!
ski holidays
stab, loved listening to your mix while I was skiing, and enjoy your stuff, despite being old. I can't do this stuff, haven't got the skills or the time, so it's great to listen to the output from somebody who can.

FWIW I used to DJ for the medical school disco back in the 1970's when it was all on vinyl - headphones, turning the turntables by hand to mix. Very crude compared to what is done these days (pauses to check my zimmer frame is parked nearby) Wink
snow conditions
docsquid, I still have all my vinyl I just don't take it to clubs anymore, carry one laptop and some headphones plus midi controller or 100 records and 200 cds, I know which I prefer Smile I play the vinyl at home now as a hobby. Wednesday night I'm djing out again, I tend to do what I did with this winter mix live rather than spending a month messing about with it. Sometimes works but it's all in the preparation, already been 2 nights getting ready for one nights djing. Sad
It's not that hard to make this stuff, once you get it beatmapped and basically in key (which I have trouble with, no musical background) then it's just up to your imagination on how to mix it.

Got any old mix tapes?
latest report
hi stab.

where can i get hold of the daft punk mixtape? that's right up my street too!

thanks
x

ps i also can't seem to download the two above?

sarah
snow report
The fatboy links are good for me, just tested them.

Here is discovery which was the 1st I did

01. Daft Punk - Something About Us
02. Will Smith - Men In Black
03. Daft Punk - Verdis Quo
04. Daft Punk - Face To Face
05. Q-Tip - Breathe & Stop
06. Inner City - Good Life
07. Daft Punk - Crescendolls
08. Lady Fury - Too Much Drugs
09. Daft Punk - High Life
10. Kathy Brown - Turn Me Out
11. Daft Punk - Voyager
12. Phunky Phantom - Get Up Stand Up
13. Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
14. Roman Flugel - Gehts Noch
15. Jungle Brothers - What You Waiting For
16. Audio Drive - Voodoo
17. Daft Punk - One More Time
18. Fergie - London Bridge
19. Chic Flowers - Rhythm Is A Dancer
20. Daft Punk - Aerodynamic
21. Daft Punk - Digital Love
22. Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At
23. Daft Punk - Too Long
24. Daft Punk - Robot Rock
25. Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
26. Lady Sovereign - Random
27. Daft Punk - Nightvision
28. Austin Powers sample
29. Robbie Williams - Rudebox
30. Daft Punk - Superheroes
31. American Beauty sample

download here

The 2nd one was homework

Daft Punk - WDPK 83.7 fm
Daft Punk - Revolution 909
Rob BAse ft DJ E Z Rock - Joy and pain
Fatboy Slim - Champion Sound
Daft Punk - Burning
Mike Post and Pete Carpenter - Theme from the A team
The Jackson 5 - Blame it on the boogie
Daft Punk - Fresh
Laurent Wolf - Saxo
Opus iii - It's a fine day
Daft Punk - Phoenix
Fedde le Grand - Put your hands up for Detroit
Kriss Kross - Jump Jump
Daft Punk - Da Funk
AC/DC - Back in black
Jackson 5 - I want you back
INXS - I need you tonight
Beats international - Dub be good to me
Daft Punk - Funk AD
Daft Punk - Around the world
Daft Punk - Rolling and scratching
Superchumbo - This beat
Daft Punk - Rock'n'Roll
Thug Fcker - Pocket Rocket
Happy Gilmore quote
Daft Punk - Oh Yeah
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come on Eileen
Caesers - Jerk it out
Daft Punk - High Fidelity
The Fog - Been a long time
Cypress Hill - Insane in the brain
George Kranz - Din da da
Daft Punk - Teachers
Adam and the Ants - Stand and deliver
Eminem - forgot about Dre
Public service announcement - Brain on drugs
Daft Punk - Alive
The supremes - Stoned love
D-Devils - Sex & Drugs & House

download here

Hope you enjoy Smile
ski holidays
hi there - defo hasn't worked. just brought up a white page with a single grey bar in the middle which plays the song but no download link as such.

any ideas?
latest report
queen_sheba, right click - save as worked for me.
ski holidays
this thread gives credence to the theory that snowHead 's are slightly sad middle aged white blokes...
snow report
er red 27 ....29 curvy blonde scottish. does that help your theory?

ps fenland.....riiiiight! dur. rolling eyes

thanks!,
ski holidays
ps sorry to be such a pain - but it's still not working. i right click and save as - but it's not saving as a music file...and on my download list it's coming up as a php file?!

wil try it again....
snow conditions
Is it working now your blondeness? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
yes indeed.

could do with the fatboy ones too though - i get V bored at the gym music wise....need to hear something different each time!

Very Happy
snow report
queen_sheba, I'm doing the 1st one in Stab's post above. I right clicked over where it said 'download here' and then from the drop down menu selected 'save target as' and it is now pulling an MP3 down to my desktop. Does this help?
ski holidays
thanks Megamum, normally that would work for me - i download a lot from an online website. however in this instance it's only letting me save link as and it won't save as mp3.

thanks though - fenland skier has sorted out a better way to do it for me...!

x
ski holidays
stab, Am downloading the FatBoy files as we speak, but when I click the Download here links for the Stab Funk ones a page starts to load but stays at 'loading' for ever. If right click and Save Link As there is no option save as MP3 as with the others. Any advice?
ski holidays
Jo66, I just checked and right click - save as works ok for me. Weird people have problems, never heard that before and these links have been hammered in the past.
Try right click - save as and add .mp3 to the filename.
latest report
Jo66 wrote:
stab, Am downloading the FatBoy files as we speak, but when I click the Download here links for the Stab Funk ones a page starts to load but stays at 'loading' for ever. If right click and Save Link As there is no option save as MP3 as with the others. Any advice?

I just thought, if you are downloading 2 at the moment then the others won't begin until the 1st ones have ended, unless you use a download manager.
snow report
stab, All sorted now thanks. Did save as and added name of file and .mp3 Very Happy
snow conditions
Well, I've been at home writing my project bid tonight with Stabs superstylin' remix and the two downloads above playing in the background - A back ground beat, but nothing too invasive that will cause me to sing along (as I don't recognise a lot of the music and each piece only lasts for a short time). I'll let you know if we get the bid!!
snow report
hey...

like the one with the a-team theme tune! kinda surprised me and ended up with a big grin on my face at the gym! lol

though stab - it has to be pointed out....you do seem to like the jackson 5 a lot....any particular reason?

Little Angel
snow report
queen_sheba wrote:
though stab - it has to be pointed out....you do seem to like the jackson 5 a lot....any particular reason?

Little Angel

because they are funky as hell Cool I heart the jackson 5.
snow report
lol - okay! sounds great anyhoo.....

Razz
snow report
queen_sheba, You soon kind of realise who round here is around the same age - we all grew up watching the same Saturday TV. Today's kids wouldn't know who we were talking about Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy